i don't really have a portfolio but i like to follow a few stocks as well as my 401K. was wondering if there was an application that would allow me to see it all in one place. similar to the one that comes with the iphone. would be even better if it allowed me to put in how much i have of a certain stock (like my 401K) and it would then use that to calculate it's overall value. thanks in advance.

edit: oh and it has to be free
    01-05-09 12:49 PM
    anyone?
    01-05-09 01:46 PM
    Check out Bloomberg or eTrade (their commercial with the baby and his BB is hilarious)
    01-05-09 01:51 PM
    Check out Bloomberg or eTrade (their commercial with the baby and his BB is hilarious)
    bloomberg needs a password. i'm looking for a freebie.

any other suggestions?
    01-05-09 02:07 PM
    eTrade still is not compatible with a Storm. I use E*Trade for a ton of business stuff and it is very difficult not having it on your phone.
    I have yet to find a stock ticker or any real time quote update app.
    01-05-09 02:13 PM
    I've compared the Bloomberg app (iTouch) to CNN and it's synced with minimal lag.
    01-05-09 02:15 PM
    01-05-09 02:21 PM
    I don't like the graphing and I can't get it work in landscape. Check out MarketFilter . Its running on my storm no problems except for above. Price meets your requirement as well.

i don't really have a portfolio but i like to follow a few stocks as well as my 401K. was wondering if there was an application that would allow me to see it all in one place. similar to the one that comes with the iphone. would be even better if it allowed me to put in how much i have of a certain stock (like my 401K) and it would then use that to calculate it's overall value. thanks in advance.

edit: oh and it has to be free
    01-05-09 06:22 PM
    what about yahoo finance? Just set it up online with password/sign in, and go from there using browser, set a bookmark, done.
    01-05-09 07:33 PM
    do you have an etrade account?

use their program if you do -- or want an investment account
    01-05-09 07:33 PM
    Also, if you download Handango, there is a stock thing there where you can make a portfolio and add stocks. So, I would check out the link in the Storm OTA apps thread, its there in the free section. It says its an app store, which it is, but it does more than that.
    01-05-09 07:43 PM
    Also, if you download Handango, there is a stock thing there where you can make a portfolio and add stocks. So, I would check out the link in the Storm OTA apps thread, its there in the free section. It says its an app store, which it is, but it does more than that.
    what is handango exactly?
    01-06-09 02:30 PM
    what about yahoo finance? Just set it up online with password/sign in, and go from there using browser, set a bookmark, done.
    where do i go to log in to that?
    01-06-09 02:38 PM
    i like the app. i just wish i could put in the amount of shares i have of my 401K fund and it would show me how much the total value is.
    01-06-09 02:44 PM
    is this the Bloomberg app you are talking about?

http://bbmobile.bloomberg.com/

is is free?
    01-06-09 03:30 PM
    is this the Bloomberg app you are talking about?

http://bbmobile.bloomberg.com/

is is free?
    that's the one i downloaded and the first screen asked me for a userid and password
    01-06-09 03:33 PM
    You might want to check out iStockManager if you are a TD AMERITRADE user. It has equity and option trading, streaming data, real-time balances and positions, news and more.

Visit istockmanager.com to get more info about the app (you can checkout the videos for the iPhone since the Blackberry Storm version has the same features).

The app has not been released yet but we are looking for beta testers. Anyone with a TD AMERITRADE account and a Blackberry Storm that wants to test this app email us at:

blackberry at istockmanager dot com
    01-23-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD