Hi,
    Hope this is in the right forum...so I have had My Storm one for the past year. My First Blackberry. Totally loved the Blackberry concept....ofcourse, this Phone was horrible with all the issues. I pretty much check Crackberry daily...I am on the brink of leaving RIM for good on account of this phone, and wanna give it a last ditch chance to see if someone can help.
    So I have the OS 5.0.0.328
    Got some apps, most from crackberry or the App Store. Also got a medical software that is decent.
    I always did battery pulls around once or twice a day to keep it going. For the past two months, its been nuts. This phone goes into the "thinking...(tiny clock on the screen)" Mode almost every hour....I can't answer calls lose calls, doing battery pulls almost 15 times a day!! It's not even a phone....need to dump the phone, and feel bad cause I really want to stick with RIM and have been patient, but a friend of mine says hers does that too...screen goes black when you try and check a blinking red light alert.
    Any advise on what I should do and how I can do it?? Downgrade OS, delete apps, anything from making this better???

Hope someone has something. I just want to be able to answer calls at this point without it going into that thinking mode and draining the battery....

Thanks for your time everyone.

~Mike
    05-08-10 08:28 PM
    I would head over to bbhybrids and download a leak or hybrid. I put the latest leak on my sons Storm 1 and there are no issues at all. A lot of the software you're using may have been upgraded to support some of the new OS's. it MAY be causing some of your problems.

Just a suggestion. Good luck
    05-08-10 08:37 PM
    +1. I loaded .591 had an issue with not being able to access a link on my news source. I downgraded. Held off for a few days and it paid off. I now have downloaded .669 hybrid of lyr's and and once again happy to say I still own a Storm 1.
    05-08-10 09:07 PM
    I would be looking at what's using up your memory. I'm running .591 and the device has never been faster or more responsive.
    I keep my texts and email cleaned up which seems to make a big difference. If I need it with me it stays, otherwise I delete it from the phone and leave it on the server.
    I have about a dozen apps on that I use regularly, have found several others that caused memory leaks and generally slowed things down so I ditched them. You might try uninstalling yours one at a time to see if one is causing trouble. If no change then put that one back on & try another.
    My free memory boots at about 25mb & generally stays above 20 for a week or so. I do a battery pull (QuickPull) maybe once per week. Have never had to do more than a couple 'pulls per week as long as I've owned this thing, it seems crazy when I read about people doing one or more per day.
    Your phone should work as good as mine since its the same hardware, go ahead and try to clean things up and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 09:39 PM
    I can say that your problem is most likely the medical app. Every one out there is a memory hog which can't be completely shut down. They are always running in the background wreaking havoc. Delete that first and go from there. I would love to have a medical app on my BB but until one comes out that won't use all my memory running in the background I will live without it.
    05-09-10 08:04 AM
    I nearly ditched rim because of the storm1, I was wise enough to not make the same mistake twice and went with the bold2. OS is good, maybe consider a different bb or another handset completely. I have a 3gs and at the most it is defunct becuase I prefer the bold.
    05-09-10 08:22 AM
    Memory. Leaks and the phone lagging or feezing is almost always an issue with an app. Try deleting apps one at a time and see if the problems go away. Sometimes its a conflict between apps too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD