Is there any way to turn off the sound of the camera when you take a picture?
    Am I the only one who hasn't figured out how to disable it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 04:35 PM
    There is no way. no blackberry can disable the sound of their camera due to some issue of someone being photographed without their knowledge. The noise is there and will stay for privacy.

Sucks, because I have a friend that falls asleep in class. I snap pictures of him and put them on facebook. sometimes 3 pictures a day! He'd wake up to all the camera snaps!
    03-25-09 04:44 PM
    Is there any way to turn off the sound of the camera when you take a picture?
    Am I the only one who hasn't figured out how to disable it?

Ya you can.. it's a big file d/l though.. best if you connect it with WiFi and d/l it that way...
    03-25-09 04:53 PM
    Ya you can.. it's a big file d/l though.. best if you connect it with WiFi and d/l it that way...
    if you can plese let us know I would like to know
    03-25-09 05:00 PM
    Check this link out for info

This will never happen in the US at least
    03-25-09 05:05 PM
    This has been asked multiple times on this forum. There is no 3rd party software available that can disable the shuttle sound. Period.

Seriously, the camera is so slow and the exposure is so poor that I stop using it. I rather take pictures with my 10 megapixel Canon Powershot instead.
    03-25-09 05:29 PM
    Damn I know there's a lot of perverts out there and all but I why do all of us have pay
    The for their wrong doing?
    I personally have the fact that when I'm at a hockey game and take pictures it makes that
    Annoying sound.
    Oh well we have a great camera with an annoying shuttle sound after all.

03-25-09 05:48 PM
    haha, how are you hearing the sound at a hockey game? does your team suck that bad? jk.

i do wish i could turn it off as well for not so perverted reasons.

also, i just downloaded the latest leak os. the camera is fast as ****. its awesome. but, if your not willing to install the leaked os's then i suppose waiting till...uhhh...never...when verizon releases an official is a backup plan.

03-25-09 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD