Anyway to turn it off??
    01-22-09 07:59 AM
    Only with some epoxy over the speaker. Other than that there is no way as of yet to disable the sound.
    Its the sounds which makes the camera act so slow. It has to load the sound, load an app to play the sound. The play the sound. So if they removed the sound the camera would take the picture much much faster.
    01-22-09 08:06 AM
    I read somewhere that there are new laws in place that force shutter sounds on cell phones due to all the nasty "stealth" picture taking that has gone on with cellphones. Unless you are really proficient at hacking the OS, it may not be possible. I tried setting my phone to Vibrate only and it still makes the shutter sound.

I for one think it's a good thing. We have little privacy left in the world and I don't think it should be any easier for pervs to snap photos without drawing some sort of attention to themselves. Unless this is your intent, there is no reason not to have a shutter sound.
    01-22-09 08:28 AM
    somebody's trying to upskirt in the office.. tsk tsk
    01-22-09 08:35 AM
    Yup its to stop pervs like you lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 08:38 AM
    I read somewhere that there are new laws in place that force shutter sounds on cell phones due to all the nasty "stealth" picture taking that has gone on with cellphones. Unless you are really proficient at hacking the OS, it may not be possible. I tried setting my phone to Vibrate only and it still makes the shutter sound.

I for one think it's a good thing. We have little privacy left in the world and I don't think it should be any easier for pervs to snap photos without drawing some sort of attention to themselves. Unless this is your intent, there is no reason not to have a shutter sound.
    Many phones have the option to turn off the shutter sound. Unfortunately, the blackberry lacks this "feature"
    01-22-09 09:52 AM
    There is a program for all the other blackberries called "BerryAnnoying"

I have it on my curve. It basically replaces your current camera icon with a new one. You use that instead of your default camera. It doesn't mute the sound, but makes the volume so low, that you have to put the phone up to your ear to hear it.

I am sure it will be available for the Storm soon.

Happy Stalking!!
    01-22-09 09:59 AM
    Anyway to turn it off??
    is there a way to turn you ON? sexy
    01-22-09 10:11 AM
    is there a way to turn you ON? sexy
    Yeah, wow.. Not going to lie, That was lame
    01-22-09 10:24 AM
    This is one thing that annoys me.. People just assume its a perv if you want the sound shut off. I was taking a picture of my new little nephew with my curve and the noise from the click startled him and he was crying up a storm. Would've been great to not have that click sound.

I bought berryannoying for my camera and love it. I'll be moving it to my storm when I get one, once my current contract is up..
    01-22-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD