i have seen a few threads with people stating the camera on the storm takes great pictures. well, i have been using mine for the past 3 months and cannot for the life of me figure out why my pictures look like ****e. ive been switching between having the flash on and off, typically in a dark enviroment while watching a band in a nightclub. nothing seems to improve the picture quality. any advice would be great. thanks...
    03-28-09 11:00 AM
    i have a curve 8900 and the picture quality on it are great! i dont know much of the storm but im sure it has settings. maybe try the resolution on high or best quality . if it has auto focus that helps. but really , pictures come out great in day time . and just try not moving so much when taking the pic lol
    03-28-09 11:03 AM
    im not moving, pics usually come out all grainy and washed out. pic quality is set for superfine...
    03-28-09 11:17 AM
    hmm im not even sure then . like i said i dont have a storm but i thought i could help. lets see if another storm owner chimes in and maybe can help you out.
    03-28-09 11:19 AM
    You might have an actual camera issue with the phone. I have take several pics since upgrading to .113 and even with .109 and they come out looking really nice. What OS are you working with that may be part of the issue, if you need to upgrade try that first and if it continues to happen I bet its time for a new phone.
    03-28-09 12:16 PM
    im still running on .75

and just noticed my zoom isnt working either...
    03-28-09 12:22 PM
    I would backup your info and exchange it for a new Storm. That would be the simplest way to go.
    03-28-09 12:25 PM
    actually i can zoom by using the screen, but not the side button...
    03-28-09 12:26 PM
    actually i can zoom by using the screen, but not the side button...
    Oh. honestly I never have tried to zoom with the side buttons(didnt know you could) lol. But I would still exchange it and just see if it was your phone that was having issues. But like I said you could upgrade your OS as Ive had both .109 and .113 and works great. There are .114 hybrids that people are in love with as well. Just check the OS forum out at the top of the Storm page.
    03-28-09 12:30 PM
    If you search you'll see that it's actually a pretty OK camera...
    There have been examples posted as well...
    03-28-09 12:39 PM
    If you search you'll see that it's actually a pretty OK camera...
    There have been examples posted as well...
    i know this, and thats why i posted asking for help. did you read my original post?
    03-28-09 12:42 PM
    I don't know what the distance is that a Storm flash will reach, but I can tell you that unless you're on the stage with the band, it's gonna be pretty much useless. Therefore your pictures are gonna be too dim and/or blurry from camera shake. The same would be true for any camera/phone or small digital camera. The flashes on these types of devices are just not made for what you're trying to do.
    03-28-09 12:59 PM

basically on the stage. notice how its all washed out? the flash was on, but i also have shots were the flash is off and they dont look much better...
    03-28-09 01:02 PM
    i know this, and thats why i posted asking for help. did you read my original post?
    Ohh ok so ya hold on let me do all the searching for you and I'll just post it up for you....
    03-28-09 01:07 PM
    Ohh ok so ya hold on let me do all the searching for you and I'll just post it up for you....
    thanks! any help is much appreciated...
    03-28-09 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD