is there anyway to turn the sound of snapping the picture off? even when the phone is on silent, it still makes the noise when you take a picture. any ideas?
    01-16-09 02:39 PM
    You can't. It's there to prevent perverts from taking pics of little girls or something lol.
    01-16-09 02:41 PM
    hahahahaha
    01-16-09 02:42 PM
    You can't. It's there to prevent perverts from taking pics of little girls or something lol.
    That's probably not far from the truth. My Samsung used to loudly say LOOK HERE! before snapping a picture.
    01-16-09 02:47 PM
    When i was working/living in Korea, there was a famous incident of a famous superstar who went to a public bathhouse only to be taken picture of her naked body.

With that incident with numerous other similar incidents with ordinary citizens, korean govn't imposed a law requiring all cell phone to have some sort of notification (ie shutter sound or look here or whatever) to let people know that someone is taking picture.

I don't know if this law still applies here in the states, but I think there are more pros of this than cons.
    01-16-09 03:44 PM
    The sound is why it takes so long to snap the picture. Once you press the button, it has to go load the sound bite into memory. Then it gives the okay to snap the picture. Which in turn loads an app to play the sound. After that in then takes the picture. So by removing the sound pictures would be much quicker!
    01-16-09 03:50 PM
    I saw in other threads for other BB devices there is an app called BerryAnnoying that will turn off the shutter sound..

Anyone know if that works for the storm or if there is a similar one?
    02-19-09 01:59 PM
    The sound is why it takes so long to snap the picture. Once you press the button, it has to go load the sound bite into memory. Then it gives the okay to snap the picture. Which in turn loads an app to play the sound. After that in then takes the picture. So by removing the sound pictures would be much quicker!
    Is this true...?
    theoretically, it sounds correct
    02-25-09 11:49 AM
    I think if you put headphones on, the sound plays through the headphones...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 01:01 PM
    The sound is required by law in Washington. I think its the law all over the us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD