I know this isn't incredibly scientific however a friend of mine with an iPhone and I both took pictures in the same environment after he said my pictures looked like crap. I've attached the resulting pictures and he's right. The iPhone picture (1st one) clearly looks better.
    I'm curious about all of your thoughts but I thought we had a 3.2 camera and they had a 2.0 camera....
    I'm running 4.7.0.122 and have the highest camera settings enabled.
    04-15-09 12:18 PM
    Yeah, I hate my camera, laggy, slow, fuzzy, its crap.
    04-15-09 12:24 PM
    I know this isn't incredibly scientific however a friend of mine with an iPhone and I both took pictures in the same environment after he said my pictures looked like crap. I've attached the resulting pictures and he's right. The iPhone picture (1st one) clearly looks better.
    I'm curious about all of your thoughts but I thought we had a 3.2 camera and they had a 2.0 camera....
    I'm running 4.7.0.122 and have the highest camera settings enabled.
    the storm camera is way better than the iphones camera, just at times our image stabilizer reacts stupid u know, but trust the camera the storm has is better than the iphone
    The storm camera never was the best. My LG Dare took better pics and had same 3.2 MP. Were the settings the same?
    Yeah the camera def needs some improvement my 8330 Curve produced better pics.
    04-15-09 12:25 PM
    thats weird because the storm and the 8900 should have the same camera. my friends have iphone 3gs and my camera blows theres out the water. and i have the 8900
    04-15-09 12:27 PM
    thats weird because the storm and the 8900 should have the same camera. my friends have iphone 3gs and my camera blows theres out the water. and i have the 8900
    I dunno, I took some pictures with my phone a few weeks ago when a few buddies and I went wine tasting, I think they turned out ok

04-15-09 12:35 PM
    I dunno, I took some pictures with my phone a few weeks ago when a few buddies and I went wine tasting, I think they turned out ok

I thought they were fine too until I compared them. We tried it a few times and I got killed on every one.
    04-15-09 12:41 PM
    There was (obviously) very little QA or forethought put into the Storm, its "worst in breed" reputation is well deserved.
    04-15-09 12:45 PM
    Strange, I'll have to use my roommates 3G iPhone and compare and contrast pictures.
    04-15-09 12:53 PM

I hardly ever use the camera to take pictures of anything serious. Usually I am just taking pictures of something goofy that I want to show my friends. However, this post got me to wandering how the camera really does compare and I have to admit after seeing the iPhone picture I am a little disappointed.

The above picture was taken with my Storm at my home. It's lacking I know...

The picture below was taken on my way to Panama City Beach and it was taken with my 8330 Curve. I'm not going to say that the curve is better but the storm certainly isn't 1.2mp better.

Both Images were resized by image shack... other than that they are stock.
    Last edited by freebirds87; 04-15-09 at 01:00 PM.
    04-15-09 12:56 PM

taken with an 8900 i thinks the 3.2 quality is great
    04-15-09 01:00 PM
    taken with an 8900 i thinks the 3.2 quality is great
    It looks like the 8900 is taking way better pictures than the Storm. That must mean it's an OS issue for the Storm or the Cameras are different.
    04-15-09 01:01 PM
    Megapixels do not image quality make. It's like people who just turn music up thinking it sounds better.

Honestly, it's a phone, I only use mine to take pics if I don't have my little point and shoot with me. If you're disappointed with the camera's picture quality... get a real camera.

To the OP, your picture wasn't in focus, not sure that can be blamed on the phone or on the picture taker. I have some pics that came out great, I also have some pics that a crappy.
    04-15-09 01:02 PM
    Megapixels =/= quality.

The Storm is a great example of this.
    04-15-09 01:11 PM
    I had an iPhone before I had the Storm and I felt that the iPhone's camera had strong points but also the Storm as well. It just depends on the environment and whether the Storm wants to cooperate or not. I've found that the Storm's camera is very temperamental and works when it wants to work. One thing that the iPhone has over the Storm's camera...is that it is faster. The storm lags! Especially when you need to use the flash.

One more thing. I was a photography minor and I learned that megapixels don't always equal better quality. (Higher MPs...) It has a lot to do with the lens and type that they use to make the camera/camera phone.
    04-15-09 01:12 PM
    Yeah I am not a big fan of the camera quality i was expecting better, but i am still a huge fan of the storm, mainly because of email access. NICE...
    05-05-09 03:51 PM
    They may have changed this, but doesnt the cryphone offer NO options for the camera? litterally none? i was kinda surprised to see the vast array of options we have on the storm, and I have taken many pics with my storm and havent had too many gripes with them, i upload them to facebook mobile. well my buddy does the same with his cryphone and his always look dark...but not out of focus or anything. plus, i like how you hold the storm like an actual camera and there is a 2-stage picture-taker button. does anyone know if the iphone ever got options for its camera?
    05-05-09 04:20 PM
    I'm really disappointed with the storm's camera, I had a Sony Erriccson with a 5.2 cybershot camera on it, and I really miss that phone's camera, I was actually a little shocked at how bad the pics are on the storm, not to mention the lag and 'fuzziness' (i know, not a tech term lol!)
    I'm up to .113 and the lag is a little better, pic quality still the same, is any other leaked os's improving the camera?
    05-05-09 04:29 PM
    the storm camera is way better than the iphones camera, just at times our image stabilizer reacts stupid u know, but trust the camera the storm has is better than the iphone
    Ohh CLEARLY...
    The proof is right in front of us...
    05-05-09 06:01 PM
    what size have u set ur images to? I have them set to the 640x480 (i think that's the lowest, if not then i have it set to what ever is the lowest) and although it doesn't improve the pics that much, it's still better to look at than the really big pics.

But yea, the storms camera is really really bad. I wonder if it has anything to with the cover that's on top of the camera. It has that plastic covering the lense of the camera... hmmm. Idk
    05-05-09 06:13 PM
    are you swimming in the nile river??? As in DENIAL...Our Camera sucks, I am embarassed to let any one even take pictures of my wife and I because I don't want them to know just how $hitti the camera on such a fancy and expensive phone is...I mean I do LOVE my Storm, but to say that the camera on it is better than even a kids toy camera is ABSOLUTE DENIAL...Wake UP!!!
    05-05-09 06:29 PM
    I find with the latest builds the camera has improved greatly and is great when you need to take a pic and send it off immediately for verification etc

Does it comepete with a SLR and would I use it for evidenciary purposes NO! Every tool has its uses and this is a tool that gets the job done when I need it.
    05-05-09 06:54 PM
    Lets....go....flyers
    05-05-09 06:59 PM
    I agree - the Storm's camera quality isn't the best. My co-worker, who has an Iphone, always brings that to my attention. I just remind him that although the Iphone's pics are better, at least I can send my crappy pic via MMS.

That one keeps him busy for a while LOL
    05-05-09 06:59 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD