I have had my phone since it came out and I love it though I'm upgrading to the bold 9650 come may. I plan on giving the phone to my girlfriend and in the last few days the camera has become inoperative. I've done battery pulls. Remove memory card. Nothing seems to fix it. It starts up and them it shuts off saying it cannot be opened. Please help. Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 09:43 AM
    There are a number of posts on here with that issue. In my case I also lost my LED in addition to the camera not opening. My fix was to open the phone and reset 2 connectors that had come loose. Verizon wouldn't fix it but wanted me to upgrade or pay $50 for a new phone. I spent $10 to make sure I had the right tools and did it myself.
    04-29-10 04:45 PM
    There are a number of posts on here with that issue. In my case I also lost my LED in addition to the camera not opening. My fix was to open the phone and reset 2 connectors that had come loose. Verizon wouldn't fix it but wanted me to upgrade or pay $50 for a new phone. I spent $10 to make sure I had the right tools and did it myself.
    I'm having the same problem with the LED and camera, tried every fix posted and still the same...I don't have Verizon so i doubt i can just replace it, would it be possible to make a tutorial on how you fixed it? I love my Storm even though it gives me so much problems, don't wanna have to get something else!
    05-10-10 08:01 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...y-guide-54485/
    My suggestion would be to watch this video on how to disassemble the Storm. My problem was the 2 connectors just under the media card (remember to remove the card before you disassemble). Simply make sure these 2 connectors are properly seated. At this is what fixed my problem. The tools used can be found on dealsishop.com for $6.
    05-10-10 09:26 PM
    Sorry, linked doesn't work. Search "disassemble storm" and it should be the first thread that comes up.
    05-10-10 09:28 PM
    Thnks...the light on my buttons also stopped working...love this phone, i take care of it so much but i feel like its made to fall apart lol
    05-21-10 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD