wow i thought the updade fix the camera if you send a pic in mms mode it is fine but if you send one email guess what it comes in sideways
    06-02-09 03:17 PM
    why email and not a phone
    06-02-09 03:24 PM
    If you don't want pictures to come out sideways then take them in landscape with the hard buttons on the right.
    06-02-09 03:32 PM
    Pictures always send and upload in landscape.

I think there were some leaks that had this fixed according to some posters. Seems .148 works the same as .75 did with this.
    06-02-09 03:33 PM
    So I'm not the only one with this issue? I posted about a week ago about this and no one had ever heard of it. At least you're not alone!
    06-02-09 03:49 PM
    huh ... I sent both MMS and Email pics (same pic) and both sent right side up (with new OS downloaded last night) previously they had sent side ways. I have only had "official" OS on this phone
    06-02-09 03:52 PM
    I haven't tried emailing them yet, but one of the first things I did was test this with MMS. I took the picture in portrait, sent it out MMS, and it sent rightside-up. I will have to test this with email now, too... just to make sure.

Test completed: Mine still email sideways, too... as well as uploading sideways on websites. But this makes sense to me, because if you take a picture with a digital camera held sideways (like holding the phone in portrait mimics), they will always upload to the PC sideways. Some cameras have the ability to rotate the pictures right on the camera before you upload them, but most don't and you have to rotate them later on the PC anyway. At least they send correctly through MMS, though.
    Last edited by Morf32; 06-02-09 at 04:41 PM.
    06-02-09 04:34 PM
    When you take a picture, it saves rotation settings in the file headers. Some applications will handle that header correctly and rotate the picture accordingly, some others won't. It is not a problem with the Storm.
    06-02-09 04:41 PM
    When you take a picture, it saves rotation settings in the file headers. Some applications will handle that header correctly and rotate the picture accordingly, some others won't. It is not a problem with the Storm.
    That's what I was assuming, but I didn't want to say that and be wrong. Thank you for clarifying/confirming that for me!
    06-02-09 04:42 PM
    I get them sideways too. I just save them then rotate it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD