Like the title says. Ive noticed that if im typing a message that the camera comes on if i dont type it up real fast. If I were to type something. Then think about something else and wait a min or 2 to type it. The camera will mysteriously come on in place of the convo screen. Where it should show the convo like AIM. It sows the camera preview screen. While this is happening it still shows the keyboard. Even if I change from vertical sure type to horizontal qwerty it still shows the camera preview screen. Has anyone else had this problem. Is it hardware or software problem. I thought I might have hit the shortcut key on the right side and it just popped up, but this isnt the case. Ive made sure not to hit it and it still happens.

anyone have any ideas
    Last edited by gthirty6ptime; 11-25-08 at 03:22 PM.
    11-25-08 03:18 PM
    yup, 2 times so far. I just cancel it and its all good.
    11-25-08 03:26 PM
    not sure if i was doing the same thing but had the camera come on the full screen and could not do anything to 'cancel' it.

Had to pull the Battery. but since I dont have a bunch of weird behavior i was having before.
    11-25-08 03:56 PM
    hrm... I dont have anyone's pin in there so I can even test =(
    11-25-08 04:02 PM
    Yea I just noticed if you hover or hold down any # or letter to long the camera starts and you cannot end it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 04:23 PM
    Same thing happened to me after I activated google talk. A battery pull solved it.
    11-25-08 04:26 PM
    When the camera comes up unexpectedly I just launch the camera with the right hand conveniance key and then close it. It has unlocked it the 2 or 3 times it has happened on mine.
    11-25-08 04:29 PM
    Has happened regularly to mine from day-one. It seemed to happen when a hovering on a key that would bring up a "/" symbol. Sometimes bringing the camera on for real w/ the right conv. key, then closing will work, but have had to pull battery too.
    Is RIM aware of this and working on a fix?
    01-12-09 12:40 AM
    Has never happened too me and I am on messenger all day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD