This just started happening... I was able to talk normally with this build right after install... Any advice?
    02-13-09 04:25 AM
    You need to do this as found out by george.z

Use a little stick or something like a cotton ear bud (anything that will fit into the earphone jack) and twirl it around the earphone jack while making a call.. there is a little swith in there that u will eventually activate and the phone will realise there is no headphone insterted. I had the same prob with the another update and this worked.

Ray
    02-13-09 05:27 AM
    are you f'in kidding me?

who buys a phone and needs to run cotton swabs, business cards, screws, etc just to get the phone to work as intended?

its bad enough that the software has been awful (and yes, there is no debating this) but to hear stuff like this, will make me think 3 times before i buy another RIM device
    02-13-09 05:52 AM
    are you f'in kidding me?

who buys a phone and needs to run cotton swabs, business cards, screws, etc just to get the phone to work as intended?

its bad enough that the software has been awful (and yes, there is no debating this) but to hear stuff like this, will make me think 3 times before i buy another RIM device
    Are you kidding me? Don't you realize that most people post for help or complain. You got to realize that out of the millions (and yes there is no debating that) of Blackberry devices out there this type of stuff only happens to a few. Many don't even know about this forum.
    02-13-09 06:33 AM
    out of all the blackberries ive ever owned and cell phones, ive never had to put cotton swabs in the headphone jack to make my phone think it wasn't plugged in
    02-13-09 07:46 AM
    I had the same thing the other day...did not try the q-tip trick. Try hitting the mute button on the top right of the phone (may seem obvious, but that was my issue).
    02-13-09 08:42 AM
    My htc phone is the same way. Its a problem with the 3rd party headphone jack. Ill put emphasis on 3RD PARTY jack. So berate blackberry all u want apple fanboy but it's not just blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 10:58 AM
    You need to do this as found out by george.z

Use a little stick or something like a cotton ear bud (anything that will fit into the earphone jack) and twirl it around the earphone jack while making a call.. there is a little swith in there that u will eventually activate and the phone will realise there is no headphone insterted. I had the same prob with the another update and this worked.

Ray
    Yep, this worked. Thanks raymen206 and george.z!
    I didn't want to go back to .75 anyway... and I don't even know if that would have worked.
    02-13-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD