Just had to reinstall the OS on my Storm so everything is back to factory settings...I had made a change that eliminated the emails from the unified message list and only showed phone calls and I can't remember how I did it.
    05-18-09 08:49 AM
    Phone > Phone Options > Call Logging ?
    05-18-09 08:51 AM
    Phone > Phone Options > Call Logging ?
    Yup that sounds about right
    05-18-09 08:52 AM
    That allows you to set the calls but not eliminate the emails from the list
    05-18-09 08:53 AM
    I am not sure how you got it to not show emails in the default Messages list... that is how it is designed to work. I am interested to know how you managed to do that...
    05-18-09 08:55 AM
    maybe i'm not fully understanding.
    05-18-09 08:57 AM
    maybe i'm not fully understanding.
    He/she wants the default Messages folder to ONLY show calls, and NOT emails... which I didn't know was possible.
    05-18-09 09:00 AM
    I am 100% sure it can be done because I did it before but lost the setting when I reloaded the OS...I actually did it on a few of my friends Storms too....trying to call them to see if they remember what I did

I'll post it once I figure it out.....

Nick
    05-18-09 11:52 AM
    Hit the Phone button, then go to options, then to call logging. Check the All Calls option.

I think if I'm reading correctly this is what you're looking for.
    05-18-09 03:20 PM
    Hit the Phone button, then go to options, then to call logging. Check the All Calls option.

I think if I'm reading correctly this is what you're looking for.
    You're not reading correctly.
    05-18-09 03:34 PM
    OK everyone, I remembered what I did, and it is one of those things that is so simple I should hit myself in the head a few times..

Anyway the whole reason for wanting to do this is the to avoid the hassle of needing to open/deleat emails from multiple places in order for the unread email icon at the top of the screen to reset.

All you need to do is HIDE the Messages folder and this hassle goes away....you might think that just hiding it would not change how it works but if it is not displayed on your home screen when you clear unread emails in your in boxes the unread flag does clear.
    05-18-09 04:15 PM
    OK everyone, I remembered what I did, and it is one of those things that is so simple I should hit myself in the head a few times..

Anyway the whole reason for wanting to do this is the to avoid the hassle of needing to open/deleat emails from multiple places in order for the unread email icon at the top of the screen to reset.

All you need to do is HIDE the Messages folder and this hassle goes away....you might think that just hiding it would not change how it works but if it is not displayed on your home screen when you clear unread emails in your in boxes the unread flag does clear.
    Well THAT is obvious! Ha ha ha ha! But then how do you see the missed calls, etc. in it if it is hidden??? You said you wanted to see just calls in it, and not emails... can't do that if it's hidden! *slaps forehead*

I personally like it the other way around... I hide my separate email folders, and just check the messages folder.
    05-18-09 04:20 PM
    You can see missed calls in the Call Log
    05-18-09 04:53 PM
    You can see missed calls in the Call Log
    Right... but that is not what your original post said. I still need to roll my eyes at you...
    05-18-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD