Our contact list has fields for multiple phone numbers, home, work, mobile & so on. I have my son in with his # including home and also my wife with the same home # Plus a contact for HOME with that same number (caller ID does not know what to do and just picks one.

My son may be calling from home but called ID shows it as my wife calling.

The only way I see to resolve this is to only have one number associated with a contact name. I don't think this is what BB intended. When in a contact file and you push the BB button you get to select from what ever numbers you have stored for that contact. So therefore BB must have intended for multiple # be associated with a single contact name.

HOW DO YOU CORRECT THIS SO CALLED ID IDENTIFIES THE CALL CORRECTLY???????
    01-24-09 05:39 PM
    There is no way to distinguish who is calling from the home number. Just take it out and leave the one listed as home. Don't really need it in there 3 times do ya?

Are you wanting it to show as Home when they call from there? I don't know if you can make it default.
    01-24-09 05:50 PM
    Why don't you just keep the HOME contact and delete the number from the wife/son file? You can't expect the phone to know which person is calling from home, it's not that smart... Plus it's just repetitive...
    01-24-09 05:53 PM
    Why don't you just keep the HOME contact and delete the number from the wife/son file? You can't expect the phone to know which person is calling from home, it's not that smart... Plus it's just repetitive...
    I totally agree. I just wonder how the BB decides which person it is going to show on the incoming caller ID. I think that it may pull the information in alphabetical order. I only say this because I had the same home number programmed for my sister and mother, my sisters name begins with a "T" and my mothers a "W", but it would always show that my sister was calling. So I did as suggested above and removed the home number from my sisters contact information.
    01-24-09 08:24 PM
    I actually think this is irritating and totally agree with the OP. I first noticed this with some clients of mine who all work in the same building. Since I have everyone's complete information in outlook, which I don't think is either the wrong way or the "repetative" way to organize my clients' information, I was very confused the first time I realize this to be an issue. It would be nice if there were an option to use a default name for caller ID to use. I suppose I could add an entry titled "company employee," but I don't like that I have to delete my clients business number from their profiles. If I could create that generic entry and assign that as the default for the caller ID, then it'd be perfect for me.
    01-24-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD