My wife and I got new Storms for Xmas. She has my phone number under my name in the contacts and also under the I.C.E. contact. When I call her, the caller ID shows I.C.E. is calling.
    I have her number in my Storm under her name as well as I.C.E. When she calls me the caller ID correctly shows her name. I've tried to figure out what's different, but no luck. Anybody know how to assign preference to my contact in the caller ID? I've tried adding dashes, parentheses, etc to the I.C.E. contact but this did now work.
    T.I.A.
    01-04-09 07:02 PM
    Rename ice to each others name...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 07:04 PM
    Not sure...but I've noticed with my caller ID that it shows the first name (in alphabetical order) in the phonebook. Several of my friends that are roommates, couples, etc show only one name calling from their number even though both contacts have the same #. Ex. Allen & jane have the same home number. When jane calls it says allen is calling, everytime...even though it was janes # 1st.
    This could the problem you & your wife are having. Does her start with a letter before "I" and yours starts with a letter after "I". If so that's the reason you're having the problem with caller I'd bringing up her name when she els you and you coming up as "ICE" on her caller ID

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 07:16 PM
    Nope, our names start with C and H, so both are before I.
    01-04-09 07:18 PM
    "Rename ice to each others name..."

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems that would kinda defeat the purpose of having ICE. It's so if you can't tell a stranger who to call in an emergency, they can look at the In Case of Emergency contact info. They wouldn't know which contact to call otherwise.
    01-04-09 07:22 PM
    Bueller?...
    01-06-09 01:13 PM
    Why not put it like this... Put in their name as "Name(ICE)" or "ICE(Name)"

Or is this simply a case of OCD where you want both an ICE and just their name to where when they call, their name just shows?

I've got to admit, I'd like to have it be the latter, but, I dont quite know how to help you on that one.. Maybe try inserting a "space" before her name in your contacts?

Or, maybe check this...from how you've phrased things, you have her in there as I.C.E, yes? and not ICE? Maybe she has you in there as ICE as opposed to I.C.E., and that is where the discrepancy is created?
    01-06-09 01:20 PM
    Thanks, that's what she ended up doing. But you're right, I am OCD and would like to know how it assigns priority.
    01-06-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD