Called at 11:30 am today and got home tonight to an email saying it has been shipped and will be delivered by 10:30 am tomorrow!!! Great service! Don;t know about that 15th date that people have been getting.
    12-04-08 09:40 PM
    They told me mine would ship on the 8th I'm no hurry
    12-04-08 09:41 PM
    Called at 11:30 am today and got home tonight to an email saying it has been shipped and will be delivered by 10:30 am tomorrow!!! Great service! Don;t know about that 15th date that people have been getting.
    A new thread for this . . . really? New poster, but long time lurker and I, like most folks, would prefer a forum not bogged down with threads like this.
    12-04-08 09:42 PM
    i ordered my replacement tuesday and i got it today.. i have offically recieved two storms within a week... even better is the fact that with the replacement you get another 8gb memory! it just about made my day!
    12-04-08 09:48 PM
    Don't you have to send back the other 8gb memory card??
    12-04-08 09:51 PM
    I think how fast a customer gets a Storm depends on their location relative to a distribution center.
    12-04-08 09:54 PM
    I think you do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 09:55 PM
    why is this not getting through to people?

if you get a storm before the 15th, it's because you are getting a FRU (Field Replacement Unit). This will be the phone itself not in retail packaging.

If you were told it wouldn't ship til the 15th, it's because you are getting a brand new storm still in retail packaging.
    12-04-08 10:05 PM
    I think how fast a customer gets a Storm depends on their location relative to a distribution center.
    I agree...who cares, lets just get the damn thing!
    12-04-08 10:08 PM
    I ordered my Storm on Tuesday, 11/25 Arrived today without warning!
    12-04-08 10:38 PM
    yeah i ordered my replacement tonight at 730 and they said should arrive saturday or monday
    12-04-08 10:52 PM
    I called 2 days ago to get a replacement and the deal is I could get a replacement right away but it is not guaranteed to be new. I had to pay for a new phone which will ship on the 15th. Then I send my old one back and they credit the money back to me. I am sure you got a new phone but I was not willing to take the chance of getting a refurb.
    12-04-08 10:55 PM
    if mines not new im bringing it right back... how do you know if its refurbished?
    12-04-08 11:02 PM
    If it was in a brown box with just the phone it is a refurb. If it was an entire setup with original packaging and parts then it is new.
    Last edited by Primate; 12-04-08 at 11:14 PM.
    12-04-08 11:09 PM
    Anytime you request a replacement, they'll ask for your address and they'll send you a refurb as mentioned before. They rarely if ever, send a brand new phone in a retail box. It will be in a brown box as stated and it will have a new casing but the interns will be refurbished.

So if you send it back because you dont want a refurb, they'll tell you that they are all like that if they send you another, it will be the same.

I had problems with my Voyager before. My original phone stopped reading my microSD. They sent me a "new" one and it had a dead pixel. I requested another one and they shipped another one. This time, no problem with dead pixel or microSD slot but it had stuck pixels (pixels light up but dont change color). I said the **** with it. Its not a big deal and if I request another one, the next phone will probably be even worse.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 12-04-08 at 11:16 PM.
    12-04-08 11:13 PM
    I called 2 days ago to get a replacement and the deal is I could get a replacement right away but it is not guaranteed to be new. I had to pay for a new phone which will ship on the 15th. Then I send my old one back and they credit the money back to me. I am sure you got a new phone but I was not willing to take the chance of getting a refurb.

same as me
    12-04-08 11:15 PM
    why did you send in for replacement and is the replacements you received now better then ones that arrived like this week?
    12-04-08 11:16 PM
    yeah cuz u know they got all these refurbished storms sittin around comin from RIM
    12-04-08 11:22 PM
    actually i didnt have to pay for a new phone they are just charging me 250$ until i send whichever one i send back and said anywhere between now and the 15th to be shipped and told me he had to have my order ran by a supervisor, which is why he said i was on the phone for 40 minutes with him heh

i did a previous replacement order wednesday and just called back about it today luckily because somehow the order was messed up and it canceled ( made by a tech ) new order was with a CS rep
    12-04-08 11:23 PM
    so what do you think i should do? accept the refurbed one or wait for a new one after the 15th?
    12-04-08 11:27 PM
    is ur current phone usable? if so just wait or get the refurbished its really up to u
    12-04-08 11:29 PM
    just call 1-866-221-4096...tell them you were in the store to see if you could get the screen fixed and they will send you out a new one next day...amazingly simple
    12-04-08 11:32 PM
    they can replace them but they can't do a goddamn thing to get them to people who dont have them. i understand the whole reason cause if my storm was busted id want something new but im just jealous lol
    12-04-08 11:37 PM
    they will send you a refurb out next day not a new one.
    12-04-08 11:38 PM
    That's not true...They will send you a new one from my experience.

I was having the screen click problem, went into the store and requested a replacement. They said they didn't have any in their store but they would order me one. It just got here today (2 days later) and it was brand new in brand new retail packaging.

So you never know what you're gonna get.
    12-04-08 11:51 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD