I don't know if anyone else has problems with their calls on the storm. I have a storm, and 2 family members have a storm. All of us have problems with our calls. People on the other end have all complained that its like we're talking in a tunnel. The voice goes in and out, like you muffle the microphone. The phone is not moving, and it is not pressed into our mouths.

Does anyone have this problem?
    06-02-09 10:46 AM
    Yes - I have repeated complaints of my voice breaking up. I know the problem is on my end because if I call the people back from a land line, they experience no problems.
    06-02-09 10:49 AM
    Phone > menu > options > general options > enhance handset call audio > boost treble.
    06-02-09 10:51 AM
    I had a bad mic on my first storm. I called and let them know. They gave me a new phone and no issues with the so called alien voice since then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 11:01 AM
    Use the suggestion Transfigured gave. That worked for quite a few people.

if that doesn't work, then it may be a hardware issue and you should try having the device replaced from your service provider.
    06-02-09 11:10 AM
    I have had the same call quality issues. The CS rep I talked to last night said there was no known issue for this but didn't hesitate to offer me a replacement phone. It shipped Next Day Air at no cost to me. Just got a replacement this morning (good old UPS man delivering right on time!) Hopefully the replacement will be better.
    06-02-09 11:39 AM
    If not, see suggestion above.
    06-02-09 11:44 AM
    I don't know if anyone else has problems with their calls on the storm. I have a storm, and 2 family members have a storm. All of us have problems with our calls. People on the other end have all complained that its like we're talking in a tunnel. The voice goes in and out, like you muffle the microphone. The phone is not moving, and it is not pressed into our mouths.

Does anyone have this problem?
    I had that use. The *228 option may help but if not try swapping the radio code for another. .113 works best for me.

06-02-09 11:46 AM
    Phone > menu > options > general options > enhance handset call audio > boost treble.
    i'll try that out and see if it helps. thanks!
    06-02-09 11:51 AM
    Clarification: Dial *228 > option 2 =

Update of PRL (preferred roaming list)/connection w/cell towers. Can improve signal.
    06-02-09 12:04 PM
    I visited a Verizon Store and one of the techs told me that swapping the phone wouldn't help. She offered an explanation that the network was changing from 3g to 4g and people were experiencing intermittent problems during the transition. I'm not sure I buy that.

How do I swap out the radio code?

Thanks
    06-02-09 12:56 PM
    I visited a Verizon Store and one of the techs told me that swapping the phone wouldn't help. She offered an explanation that the network was changing from 3g to 4g and people were experiencing intermittent problems during the transition. I'm not sure I buy that.

How do I swap out the radio code?

Thanks
    *cough* B.S. *cough!"

4G isn't going live until next year and when it does, 3G will still be active. They are not removing anything to add anything. As soon as most people at Verizon open their mouths you know they are full of it!

The only time I have problems is if the person on the other end is on an iPhone (and it drives me NUTS having to repeat myself!). Still haven't figured out if it's the iPhone or AT&T though since I don't know of anyone on AT&T who has anything other than an iPhone.
    06-02-09 01:09 PM
    Just wondering...If RIM has been making phones for a while, and if previous BB's had descent if not good call quality, do you think the mic & speaker that is in the Storm would be of the same if not better quality than previous models? I'm just wondering if the radio or software is the cause for most of the call quality issues users are experiencing. I wish I knew a little more about these details....
    06-02-09 05:31 PM
    Worked like a charm. I recommend this.
    06-02-09 06:54 PM
    i've noticed that voice quality is relative to location coverage. if i'm in my house (known as a dead spot) then i can barely hear most of the time, but if i'm right outside, it's so much better. seems to accentuate the coverage of where ever i'm at.
    06-02-09 07:04 PM
    to the op...have you upgraded your os to .148 yet?
    06-02-09 07:05 PM
    I think the radio on .148 is bad i hope .151 is better
    06-02-09 08:24 PM
    Yeah, I tried a few of the leaks and now I'm on the official .148 for VZW. I have my "Enhance Handset Call Audio and Enhance Headset Call Audio" set to Boost Treble. And I have my default call volume set to 100%. My calls have been better with no real problems due to the above mentioned adjustments and upgrades. I can't really complain now. I'm just wondering if call quality will get even better with more updates...I've just noticed that some older VZW BB's seemed to sound just a tad bit better and I wonder if the call quality sometimes improves as better OS's are released. I wonder how many OS upgrades the Curve or World Edition received since they first hit the market...
    06-02-09 08:30 PM
    Yeah, I tried a few of the leaks and now I'm on the official .148 for VZW. I have my "Enhance Handset Call Audio and Enhance Headset Call Audio" set to Boost Treble. And I have my default call volume set to 100%. My calls have been better with no real problems due to the above mentioned adjustments and upgrades. I can't really complain now. I'm just wondering if call quality will get even better with more updates...I've just noticed that some older VZW BB's seemed to sound just a tad bit better and I wonder if the call quality sometimes improves as better OS's are released. I wonder how many OS upgrades the Curve or World Edition received since they first hit the market...
    i am going to try this. Hopefully it will work. I have a question, what does the default volume change? What i hear or what they hear?
    06-02-09 09:17 PM
    i am going to try this. Hopefully it will work. I have a question, what does the default volume change? What i hear or what they hear?
    The default volume sets the volume of what you hear. When I answer calls, I already have it set to be loud as it can get without using the speaker phone. At least with the volume at full blast I don't have to push my Storm so tightly to my face and ear just to hear the caller. And therefore I can better evaluate how well I'm speaking into the little mic hole on this phone.
    Like I said, I can't really complain right now. But I felt that there could be some improvement.
    06-02-09 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD