I have two blackberry storms here. Both purchased within a week from each other.

One one I have upgraded to .99, the other is still running .75
    I did a battery pull on both.
    They're running exactly the same when opening apps, browser, etc. No difference in speed.

When I had initially downloaded .99, it felt like it was a lot faster. But now with my "unofficial" real test, theyre running the same. (in terms of speed)
    02-02-09 11:27 PM
    I went from .75 to .99 and I am very satisfied with the results. I was like you, I ran .75 because it was stable, a little slow, but no major problems. I actually downgraded from .90 to .75 and I was pretty reluctant to install .99 but I did and I am happy that I did.

1 thing I suggest you do, if you decide to upgrade is activate your memory cleaner. Some people say it doesn't change anything, but I am running it on my phone, and no reboots with .99 so far.
    02-02-09 11:35 PM
    i mean....is there that much difference?

i have .75 and have virtually no probs w/ phone (maybe a random reboot 3x per week?)

accelorometer may be a tad slow...but

not sure if its worth swap to unofficial .99.

(or is it in your opinion)
    As someone else said, if you're happy with .75 then you don't have to change, but there's a massive difference.

One that you'll immediately notice right when you attempt to swipe up or down on the home screen with all the icons on it. Huge performance difference. Huge difference in regards to the speed of the camera. There are many more things to list, but there's a major difference.
    02-02-09 11:46 PM
    a lot of people are happy with dial up and standard def analog tv... FYI

.99 blows .75 out of the water in terms of speed. and the camera on .75 was so slow it was almost impossible to take a decent picture. I say give .99 a try and if you dont like it, just downgrade.
    02-03-09 01:38 AM
    The things that bother me most is the lag when I text and the random freezes. It's starting to get really annoying, I hope they fix it with an official update. All in all, I'm in love with the storm and I'm sticking through it all.
    02-03-09 02:35 AM
    I have two blackberry storms here. Both purchased within a week from each other.

One one I have upgraded to .99, the other is still running .75
    I did a battery pull on both.
    They're running exactly the same when opening apps, browser, etc. No difference in speed.

When I had initially downloaded .99, it felt like it was a lot faster. But now with my "unofficial" real test, theyre running the same. (in terms of speed)
    I initially felt the same way, but .99 has two fundamental improvements. One, is that my memory never leaks to 7mb anymore, it stabilizes at 26-27mb. Two, it's a tiny bit more response. The browser is improved for sure. The camera seems identical.

The problem is, people freak out and get excited and say " It 100000x better! Ahhh like my dream!!!". I love the storm, .75 or .99, but truth be told, even with .99.... the storm is a beta device. It's no where near as smooth as the iphone or ****...even the g1. Perhaps in July or August of this year, the OS will catch up with the hardware and we will have a flawless device. As of yet, you can choose laggy *** .75 or more stable then other leaks but slightly more buggy(portrait keyboard sometimes is numbers, etc.) .99

You choose! Eitherway...this phone is still like at 50% of the speed of the iphone...which is not acceptable, this was built by RIM to compete against a phone with a legendary browser and amazingly smooth navigation, even when it was launched and was crap, and you couldnt make phone calls, it was always buttery smooth.

I'm just dissappointed at the overenthusiasm by crackberry members...and when i install the leaked OS it's just marginally better
    02-03-09 06:49 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD