So here is the deal,

This is my first Black Berry and my second storm in one month. It is really awesome but I'm having a problem with the call logging.

If I try to go back more than the last 40 calls on my call log screen and I use the down arrow to scroll, I get an error message that states "Uncaught exception: Index 40>=40"

If I set call logging to show the call log in the message list, I can view the calls I made, recieved and missed all the way back to December, but this is inconvenient because it makes it kind of repetitive to first view the message screen and than the call log screen to make a call back to a missed number.

Any help out there or should I get ANOTHER replacement.
    By the way the first Storm I got did the same thing which is why I replaced it.
    01-16-09 07:03 PM
    That sounds like a bug in the OS. Are you running the same OS version on this phone as on the previous?
    01-16-09 09:58 PM
    Yah, definitely OS related, new hardware won't fix that but an OS update will. Just hang in there until a new release comes out and see if that fixes your issue.
    01-16-09 10:32 PM
    Yes, its the same OS version...I wonder if any one else is having the same proble???
    01-17-09 01:06 PM
    I am having the same problem! I had a day 1 Storm and got the uncaught exception error. After the first 40 calls are displayed in the call log, I get blank screen for the rest of the entries, but it is as if the entries are invisible. Can click on them and see the call info and history.

Replaced my Storm with a brand new unit on 1/3 and the new unit has the same problem too. '

Would be very interested in hearing what will fix this... and if the problem is consistent among everyone or if just a few of us are affected. I have an Exchange Server.

Thanks
    01-18-09 01:50 AM
    I am having the same problem! I had a day 1 Storm and got the uncaught exception error. After the first 40 calls are displayed in the call log, I get blank screen for the rest of the entries, but it is as if the entries are invisible. Can click on them and see the call info and history.

Replaced my Storm with a brand new unit on 1/3 and the new unit has the same problem too. '

Would be very interested in hearing what will fix this... and if the problem is consistent among everyone or if just a few of us are affected. I have an Exchange Server.

Thanks
    Thanks...it's nice to know that I'm not alone....I'm thinking of getting a replacement but I'm getting kind of attached...By the way, if you set your call logging to log all calls to your message folder you can view ALL the calls you,ve missed, made or received.
    01-18-09 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD