so i just updated to the NEW Official .148 OS and noticed my Left Side Button was set to PHONE. I tried to go change it back and Call Log was not there. Anyone know how i can get it back??? Thanks in Advance.
    05-31-09 04:08 PM
    i have had this ***** for months..apparently you can't do it
    05-31-09 04:12 PM
    There is no way to get it back it has been gone in the betas for a while now.
    But if someone could please prove me wrong I would love it back also!!

Maybe now is a good time to contact verizon on this and the color banding!
    Along with very poor html support in email viewing and truncated emails!

Boy the list grows!!!!!!!!!
    05-31-09 04:12 PM
    This is one of my problems too......I cant get it either.

Also, the biggest problem I have that I can't get to work is when I make a call or get a call, it automatically has the phone in "Headset" mode. And then I have to switch it manually to "Handset." Does anyone know how to fix this?
    05-31-09 04:18 PM
    Open up phone screen, hit blackberry button, go to options, go to general options, change Initial view to Call Log.
    05-31-09 04:21 PM
    ...when I make a call or get a call, it automatically has the phone in "Headset" mode.
    Try plugging/unplugging headset a few times + battery pull.
    05-31-09 04:29 PM
    so i just updated to the NEW Official .148 OS and noticed my Left Side Button was set to PHONE. I tried to go change it back and Call Log was not there. Anyone know how i can get it back??? Thanks in Advance.
    I don't know if this will work but hit the send button to bring up the dial pad. Now hit the BB button and go to options then general options. Change initial view to "call log". Now when you set the side button to phone it should open in call log. I didn't try it but it should work.
    05-31-09 04:37 PM
    ok I am not certain what anyone is talking about in regards to the left side key being set to phone but if you go in to options>screen/keyboard>left side convenience key opens this should fix you problem. If that doesnt help please feel free to explain more thoroughly.
    05-31-09 04:41 PM
    im basically just trying to set my Left Side Button back to CALL LOG since it was changed after the update.
    05-31-09 04:46 PM
    also, when your on the home screen, click on the screen to bring up the 16 menu icons, when you move your finger around..it doesnt highlight or track your finger movement anymore.
    05-31-09 04:48 PM
    I don't know if this will work but hit the send button to bring up the dial pad. Now hit the BB button and go to options then general options. Change initial view to "call log". Now when you set the side button to phone it should open in call log. I didn't try it but it should work.
    thanks. it does work.
    05-31-09 04:50 PM
    thanks. it does work.
    Actually it now creates another problem, hit the phone (green phone) button and it also now goes to the call log and not the Phone keypad!!!
    05-31-09 05:18 PM
    also, when your on the home screen, click on the screen to bring up the 16 menu icons, when you move your finger around..it doesnt highlight or track your finger movement anymore.
    These are changes from .75
    The call log was also removed in .148
    05-31-09 05:24 PM
    It did that before?? Mine never did that, not since I bought the phone from with the original OS. I always saw that on the commercial, and wondered why mine didn't. I always wanted it to though.
    05-31-09 05:35 PM
    It did that before?? Mine never did that, not since I bought the phone from with the original OS. I always saw that on the commercial, and wondered why mine didn't. I always wanted it to though.
    yes it did before. i had only 16 ICONS and hid the rest which means no scrolling up or down.
    05-31-09 06:00 PM
    I have my call log with .148

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 06:13 PM

I think they mean the call log set to the convenience key..

The call log as a whole was not removed but it seems as if selecting the call log as the convenience key is now gone
    05-31-09 06:23 PM

billp117, do you mean you have a call log icon on the home screen? If so how did you get it?
    05-31-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD