Hi all.

I finally took the plunge and upgraded my OS. I went from .75 to .109

Everything seems fine so far. Only thing though is that I had the Call Log on my home screen, and after upgrading, the icon that used to be the Call Log is now Phone. I know I can just push the send button and then go to Call Log, I just found this more convenient.

Anyone else have this issue? Or anyone know a fix for this?

Sorry if this has already been addressed in another thread, but after a bit of searching I could not find an answer.

Thanks.
    03-07-09 02:50 AM
    phone=call log... who cares what the name is it does the same thing??
    03-07-09 02:58 AM
    close, but not the same. i actually had a call log icon on the home screen that would take me directly to the call log (one button). by hitting phone, you then have to hit the call log icon towards the top after the number pad comes up (two buttons).

like i said. for me its a convenience thing.
    03-07-09 03:09 AM
    ok... hit phone... hit menu/bb button.... hit options... general options.... change initial view to whatever you want... either dail pad, call log, contacts, or the last thing you viewed
    your welcome in advanced
    and for the record it is the same thing
    03-07-09 03:12 AM
    ok... hit phone... hit menu/bb button.... hit options... general options.... change initial view to whatever you want... either dail pad, call log, contacts, or the last thing you viewed
    your welcome in advanced
    and for the record it is the same thing

Thank you for your help. Works perfectly now.

Sorry I was wrong. Was just used to seeing the icon labeled "Call Log". I appreciate your help.
    03-07-09 03:17 AM
    Its not the same thing. I noticed the same thing too... I used to be able to hit the phone icon and that would bring me to the call log and hit the hard phone button and that would bring me to the phone keypad. If you change the option as described, then both buttons will do the same thing depending on what you set it at. I prefer the old way to be honest....
    03-07-09 09:02 AM
    There was also an option to set one of the convenience keys to open call log, but that disappeared with the newer betas. I really miss that
    03-07-09 09:07 AM
    I have mine set to the call log n the contacts have their own little place on home screen n send is the phone as far as dialing goes
    Is it really that big a deal? N the convenience key its set to send we storm owners have bigger n better things to look foreward than there only being one button for the phone n the call log
    IMO anyways I personally cant wait till the next leak been way too long but todays a new day
    (my fingers are crossed)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 09:48 AM
    The call log is very important to me, being a small business owner and not having the phone in my pocket every second while I'm working, to be able to one click to get to my call saves me time. To have a separate button for the phone saves me time. TIME=MONEY. However small it may seem, it definitely adds makes my life that much easier. That's my only gripe with .109. I'm not really "waiting" for anything bigger and better, but I'm also not going to complain when it does happen.
    03-07-09 11:24 AM
    I guess I don't get the complaining. This is how all BBs work. Hit phone once and you get your Call Log. The only issue is by default the Storm goes to the dial pad first. Just change that in phone options and you're all good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD