I constantly push the screen when I am in a call and I am curious is there a lock feature that can be enabled
    01-22-09 02:27 PM
    There are two:

1. StormLock; and
    2. TalkLock.

I think StromLock is the better of the two, however, it costs about $3. TalkLock is free...
    01-22-09 02:31 PM
    I constantly push the screen when I am in a call and I am curious is there a lock feature that can be enabled
    Try the talklock app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 02:32 PM
    I had TalkLock, but I deleted it because of the memory leak.

I am waiting for a few more official OS releases to see if RIM implements this feature (I hope they do); otherwise I will buy StormLock in a few months.
    01-22-09 02:39 PM
    I bought stormlock, definitely no problems. works A ok
    01-22-09 03:21 PM
    thanks to all im probably gonna go the freeway and wait to see if RIM releases this in an os update???
    01-22-09 10:12 PM
    Same here. Waiting for next OS update to see if one is implemented. It's not yet in the newest (.90). If the next official release doesn't have it, I will buy StormLock. I tried Talklock but it ran the memory down significantly and also if you are on a lengthy call, it will work its way to the right (the slider, that is) and unlock.
    01-23-09 08:39 AM
    They are both inexpensive and worth it...I have StormLock and have no problems......Just buy the damn thing
    01-23-09 08:44 AM
    stormlock is bomb **** highly recommend thanks for all the feed back
    02-09-09 11:18 AM
    How bad is the memory leak from Talklock? I have it now and have noticed 10MB or so drop throughout the day but I just blamed .99 for the problem. If it is Talklock I will gladly pay 3 bucks.
    Last edited by lyoko37; 02-09-09 at 11:38 AM.
    02-09-09 11:35 AM
    There's also the free ScreenLock now. More in the style of StormLock, only free, and the developer is very active in the 3rd party apps subforum responding to people's suggestions.
    02-09-09 11:40 AM
    Talklock is garbage. Stormlock is worth every penny. But if you have no money search the forums for "screenlock" its a remake/knockoff of Stormlock that some guy created and said it was free. Never actually tried it but might be worth a try if you are short on funds.
    02-09-09 11:43 AM
    Talklock is garbage.
    TalkLock is fine for what it does. It was the first app out that offered anything like this, so for that alone we should thank the author. Their employer offered to host it for free, or for the price of a couple little URL ads. I'd probably still be using it if ScreenLock hadn't come along and it let me clear something out of my app switcher list.

ScreenLock works great for me. Only like a 2-3K download, so it's very lean and does pretty much only what it's intended to do.

Too many people toss around the term memory leak without any real understanding of what it means, or the fact that the Storm has automatic memory management, so rebooting shouldn't be necessary if you just give the OS a chance to clean up. It won't be instantaneous for various reasons, you have to give it an hour or two.
    02-09-09 12:12 PM
    I'm debating the two Apps but leaning heavily towards the Storm lock...

What's the latest consensus ?
    02-11-09 06:20 AM
    I've had both, TalkLock and StormLock. Liked both. Stayed with StormLock. Just personal preference for me.
    02-11-09 09:09 AM
    Why not just click the numeric pad button as the call is connecting. If you click the screen with your ear you just hear a dealing tone. Works for me!
    02-11-09 11:16 AM
    I have used all three applications and I prefer Screen Lock. Like everyone else has stated TalkLock has memory leak problems, plus sometimes your cheek can move the slider and unlock the phone accidentally. I loved StormLock and was about to purchase it after the free trial expired when I found Screen Lock and have been using it ever since. The developer has put out a bunch of updates due to requests from users in the forum and did I mention it is free?
    02-11-09 12:00 PM
    Great topic here! I have Talklock and I keep accidentally unlocking and muting during phone calls. Not very happy with it, so after reading this, I will try ScreenLock, thanks!
    02-11-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD