Hi

Suddenly my calender on my BB 9520 will not sync with outlook anylonger. I receive mails and also tested that adding a new contact in outlook sync's to BB.

I have tried to resend service book from BES, but didn't help. Don't know if that would helped anyway.

Someone have any clue what to do?
    04-09-10 09:20 AM
    Outlook sux so I use companionlink to sync Act 6.0 to my BB. I had this problem after upgrading to .607 and the companionlink purge and reload feature wasn't working so I went into DM > Backup/Restore> Advanced and cleared my calendar and reloaded it. Worked like a charm. Give it a try with Outlook.
    04-09-10 09:26 AM
    Go to options and default services and ensure that your calender is set to your default email address. Mine suddenly wasn't and it didn't sync any longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 12:53 PM
    Thx for answers

I have to use Outlook...

Mr300: I have tried what you suggested with no luck. I'm sure how to reload the calender, but found I button that says something like "force calender sync" on BES. Tried that, so luck. Tried to wipe phone and reactivate, no luck. Also tried go on option on calender and type "rset", no luck. Only gets "there are no OTA Enabled calenders to reset"

Oliverlock: I checked that aswell, but all options was desktop, so I guess that is right? Couldn't change ether.

Only thing I haven't tried is to delete my user on BES and reactivate. Don't think that will help ether? I'm use OS 5.0.0.580, but had this problem before upgrade.
    04-09-10 01:16 PM
    I deleted my user on the BES, and reactivated phone. Now the calender sync's again Maybe it wasn't the best way to do it, but it resolved my problem.
    04-12-10 01:49 AM
    They only app that I like to use to sync my calender is m:iq. I was using google sync for awhile until some things started not showing up or I had lots of duplicate entries or events would get moved to odd times of the day. Been syncing with m:iq for a few weeks now and so far so good. Haven't missed one appt yet

04-12-10 01:54 AM
    Next time go to options within calendar app and make sure it is set to "wireless synchronization" as "yes"

04-12-10 01:54 AM
    Next time go to options within calendar app and make sure it is set to "wireless synchronization" as "yes"

Weird I have the same problem. All my calendar entries on outlook were deleted but my device calendar looks fine. I tried to change the wireless synchronization to "yes" but it won't let me change it. Any other ideas?
    04-13-10 06:09 PM
    Hi

Suddenly my calender on my BB 9520 will not sync with outlook anylonger. I receive mails and also tested that adding a new contact in outlook sync's to BB.

I have tried to resend service book from BES, but didn't help. Don't know if that would helped anyway.

Someone have any clue what to do?
    I ended up fixing mine by using the Advance features of the backup/restore on the desktop manager. I backed up my device and moved the calendar databases from my device to the backup window. After I moved the device databases, you'll still see the calendar databases in your device. I cleared those device calendar databases and then re-added my calendar databases back to my device from the back up window. After that, I was able to sync my calendar with outlook. I don't know why that worked and I know I didn't give the best explanation of what I did. It's probably best to google it. I know I've seen a tutorial with pictures if you want to try it. Anyway, worked for me!
    04-13-10 06:23 PM
    Bingo, same thing happened to me. I had problems when first synching after the upgrade and after messing around a bit, discovered that my default email address had changed to the vzw.blackberry one (which I NEVER use except for one app that required a BB address). Once I changed the default back to my regular email, contacts and calendar items went back to synching flawlessly.

I disagree with the poster who says "Outlook sucks" (gotta love those comments), I think it works just great, no problems.

Go to options and default services and ensure that your calender is set to your default email address. Mine suddenly wasn't and it didn't sync any longer.

04-13-10 06:32 PM
    I like Outlook too. I don't use it for sync to BB though. I have been a BB users for about 5 months only. I like Google sync, but lately when I add a calendar entry via PC, it syncs to my device without the audio notifier turned on. It used to, but that's the only quirk I have with Google sync.

Maybe I haven't gotten involved into Outlook enough to make a decision about it being horrible. I've only used it for 13 years so I'm not experienced enough.
    04-13-10 09:30 PM
    I like Outlook too. I don't use it for sync to BB though. I have been a BB users for about 5 months only. I like Google sync, but lately when I add a calendar entry via PC, it syncs to my device without the audio notifier turned on. It used to, but that's the only quirk I have with Google sync.
    I looked into Google Calendar via Google Sync and I found the following on the Google site:

-Only displays 24 weeks forward on desptop
    -Won't load existing events that are on your device onto your Google Calendar when you do the initial sync.
    -Won't display week old events on your device.

Is this your experience?

TIA
    04-13-10 09:48 PM
    I looked into Google Calendar via Google Sync and I found the following on the Google site:

-Only displays 24 weeks forward on desptop
    -Won't load existing events that are on your device onto your Google Calendar when you do the initial sync.
    -Won't display week old events on your device.

Is this your experience?

TIA
    I don't have any events scheduled 6 months in advance so I can't really say much about that.

My existing events on my BB do sync to my PC.

There is an option I believe on the PC Calendar that says how long to keep events. I wish it had an indefinite selection, but the longest is 4 weeks I think.
    04-16-10 11:53 PM
    I don't have any events scheduled 6 months in advance so I can't really say much about that.

My existing events on my BB do sync to my PC.

There is an option I believe on the PC Calendar that says how long to keep events. I wish it had an indefinite selection, but the longest is 4 weeks I think.
    Tks for the info PressNClick

Good Luck
    04-17-10 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD