I sync'd my berry with outlook on my work computer to get all my work calendar events onto my berry without having to add them manually. It sync'd everything (my mistake) but the problem is that GoogleSync deleted one of the older events (like it's supposed to, I guess) and when it did that, it sent out a cancellation notice to the 50 attendees (it was a conference call).

WTF??

Why is my berry sending cancellations for events in the past? I can't sync my berry with outlook anymore until I have this figured out because I can't have these things going out like that. Any ideas/suggestions, or am I just SOL?
    06-19-09 11:36 AM
    Anyone? Think I could call VZW about it, or are they going to be useless?
    06-19-09 01:01 PM
    Google sync has options!! One of them is how long to keep old events. The default is one week. When the week is up the event gets deleted and then when sync'd it gets cancelled.
    06-19-09 03:17 PM
    We had a similar problem at work with our storms. The IT guy finally figured out that there was conflict with the BB server and the MS Exchange server. It was a version error. He added some patches to one or maybe both so that the versions matched up. He said that you couldn't add all of the patches it was only certain ones that made the versions match. BTW we use Verizon too, so the Verizon rep maybe able to help.
    06-19-09 04:58 PM
    @NuchDog - yeah, but Google Sync doesn't have to option I want (keep forever). And it shouldn't 'cancel' the event; that's just ******** on its part.

@houndawg75 - so would that conflict exist even if I'm not on BES? It's a personal device that I use, just want to sync my calendar at work with my BB so I know what's going on without needing to hit OWA or a VPN. (I work for the state, so security is tight; bastards)
    06-19-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD