I did some research, but didn't find this same problem posted before. So here it is. My BB Storm no longer is synching with Microsoft Outlook 2003. It was working earlier this evening, but I had a few more changes that needed to be sync'd. I noticed that after a couple of sync's the changes to the calendars no longer took. It doesn't even go through reading the Outlook calendar nor does it look through the Device calendar. After it updates the Address book it, DM stops and goes back to the Sync menu.

One thing I did do was change my default Calendar from one email address to another. But I changed that back to the original one (one of my POP3 accounts). Could this have messed something up?

My address book for Outlook still syncs fine, it's just the calendar that won't work.

Things I have done:
    1. Battery Pull
    2. Ran a repair on Destop Manager 4.7
    3. Made sure that my default calendar setting on the Storm was set to the correct email address.
    4. Changed around the sync settings within DM.
    5. Removed all sync settings in DM and re-added them.
    6. Set the syn settings back to default.
    7. Uninstall & Reinsatll of DM.

I'm running .75 and running BIS. I'm hoping someone can help me out with this one. It's a weird one. If you need anymore information, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Rgevol

1/9/09: I uninstalled and re-installed DM. Still getting the same thing. I had it only sync the calendar, and it didn't even read through the device calendar, nor did it read through the Outlook calendar. I'm at a loss.

1/9/09 at 11:20am: I resolved the issue. Still don't know what happend though. It just seems to have lost its sync'ing ability with Outlook's calendar. I went into Destop Manager, and did a Backup of my Storm to a file. Then I did a restore from that file. After I restored it, I tried a sync, and it worked. Viola. Or whatever you wanna say. Go Figure. Don't know why it needed that. I hope this helps anyone else.
    Last edited by rgevol; 01-08-09 at 01:22 PM. Reason: added information.
    01-08-09 02:09 AM
    Having the same issue. For a while, everything was fine but then, blammo, no sync.

What mine does is checks the meetings on the BB first, no issue, then it runs through the meetings in Outlook and gets hung up at a certain point. I tried deleting the meeting where it stopped and no luck. Did all the same steps and no joy.

I read a post a while back where someone was flaming, in general, the people that were having a problem getting this to work so I didnt want to start a new thread......but I'll gladly ride along.

Is there a certain property in a meeting notice that will cause an issue? Why will it work fine then spew errors??
    01-08-09 05:16 AM
    bump for more hlep.
    01-08-09 08:36 AM
    Wow. no answers? Crucial? Anyone?
    01-08-09 01:05 PM
    1/9/09 at 11:20am: I resolved the issue. Still don't know what happend though. It just seems to have lost its sync'ing ability with Outlook's calendar. I went into Destop Manager, and did a Backup of my Storm to a file. Then I did a restore from that file. After I restored it, I tried a sync, and it worked. Viola. Or whatever you wanna say. Go Figure. Don't know why it needed that. I hope this helps anyone else.
    01-08-09 01:22 PM
    I started a thread on this same subject last week and got no where. My issue also resolved itself a couple days later when I went to sync again...it all worked. The only thing that had happened is that I had shut down and re-started the PC. I was wondering if something might have gotten buggy in Outlook 2003. It's been syncing fine every day since.

Grey
    01-08-09 01:47 PM
    I am having same issues. Tried the back up and restore, but didn't work for me. Anyone with any other ideas? I may have to return Storm if I cannot sync my Calendar.
    01-09-09 06:06 PM
    Did you reboot the PC?
    01-09-09 06:16 PM
    yes, several times. I am really at a loss.
    01-09-09 06:17 PM
    well, here is where I am. Went into my Outlook calendar and archived the entire calendar. I then went into the calendar properties and set the auto-archive to archive and move all entries older than 1 month - basically clearing all past entries. Went back to DM and synced - everything worked great.
    01-09-09 07:04 PM
    My synching works on and off. It very frustrating. I have Outlook 2003 on my work laptop and my home laptop. I like to have all my home and work activities on both machines AND my phone, so wherever I am I can have the complete picture. However, I can't seem to get it to work. Sometimes it works like a charm. Sometimes it wants to delete like 800 entries from either Outlook or the "device" and I have to cancel the synch. I used to do this flawlessly with my old Moto Q. Now with my Storm (which I love) I can't seem to get it to synch properly.
    02-26-09 04:25 PM
    I did some research, but didn't find this same problem posted before. So here it is. My BB Storm no longer is synching with Microsoft Outlook 2003. It was working earlier this evening, but I had a few more changes that needed to be sync'd. I noticed that after a couple of sync's the changes to the calendars no longer took. It doesn't even go through reading the Outlook calendar nor does it look through the Device calendar. After it updates the Address book it, DM stops and goes back to the Sync menu.

One thing I did do was change my default Calendar from one email address to another. But I changed that back to the original one (one of my POP3 accounts). Could this have messed something up?

My address book for Outlook still syncs fine, it's just the calendar that won't work.

Things I have done:
    1. Battery Pull
    2. Ran a repair on Destop Manager 4.7
    3. Made sure that my default calendar setting on the Storm was set to the correct email address.
    4. Changed around the sync settings within DM.
    5. Removed all sync settings in DM and re-added them.
    6. Set the syn settings back to default.
    7. Uninstall & Reinsatll of DM.

I'm running .75 and running BIS. I'm hoping someone can help me out with this one. It's a weird one. If you need anymore information, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Rgevol

1/9/09: I uninstalled and re-installed DM. Still getting the same thing. I had it only sync the calendar, and it didn't even read through the device calendar, nor did it read through the Outlook calendar. I'm at a loss.

I had this exact same issue (running .75 as well). I use an XP laptop for work with Outlook 2003 and its critical to have my phone synch with Calendar and Contacts. After removing all the old Active Sync programs from my Treo Windows phone days, I was able to get the synch with Calendar working. Then I changed my default email on my device (i use 3 personal emails with the Storm - No BES) and BOOM - no dynamite. - Calendar synch stopped working - Desktop Mangler just skips it like its not there and goes on to Contacts, Memo Pad, Tasks, etc (which have always synched fine).

I, too, have tried all the things rgevol did with no luck. I decided to try using Google Calendar Sync instead as a workaround untill BB updates DM and/or the OS to make this process less buggy.

Set it up today with little effort and it works very well with only minor diffs that i've found i can live with. (BEWARE - you will get some replication of events if you've already synched with Outlook - hasnt been too big of a deal for me though). So now I've got 2-way synch going with both Outlook/laptop and Storm with Google in the middle: outlook <> google <> storm. I've been able to add/change/delete events/appts on outlook and have it synched into my storm and vice versa. What's nice about this is synching is now wireless all the way around. Plus you can set it up to be automagical (if you wish). One thing i noted, and this is due (I believe) to the fact that not all fields are compatible between Outlook Calendar and BB and Google: if i create a new recurring Calendar entry on the Storm it will not synch to Outlook; it will work going the other way though. Not perfect but I don't anticpate needing that functionality a lot so I can live with it for now. I expect Google/BB/Outlook to get more compatible going fwd anyway (yeah right! )...well, one can dream, can't one?

Anyway, I will post an update after a few weeks.
    03-06-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD