I am running official Verizon version .75. I have not synced for a while, and I do not use Google Sync or any other wireless syncing program. I have my calendar options set to "keep appointments forever." Yet appointments back even as recent as last week have vanished. I called Verizon and the very capable tech person I talked to was stumped. She had me switch my calendar option to "keep appointments for 90 days" instead of forever to see if that helps. I asked her if having the application memory leak down to almost nothing could cause the device to delete calendar appointments and she said no.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?
    01-15-09 12:28 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what is your file free memory?
    01-15-09 12:36 PM
    Probably out of memory. Then phone is cleaning things up for you so the phone doesn't crash
    01-15-09 12:40 PM
    My memory did get down to almost nothing at one point before I caught it, so that may be the reason, though Verizon said low memory shouldn't cause calendar items to disappear.
    01-15-09 02:30 PM
    It's weird that only your calendar items are being deleted. Normally if the device is going into self preservation mode it affects your contacts, text messages, etc. As if the device picks and chooses what it wants to delete. Weird.
    01-15-09 03:13 PM
    I am having the same problem. I have 3519 calendar items in Outlook (I use calendar as a journal record). A day or two after syncing to my BB storm, it shows far fewer items remaining...it seems to be deleting items on it's own.

On the next sync, I am asked if I want to delete all these same items in Outlook, which of course is "no." Thus, I am currently only pushing my calendar from Outlook to my Storm, i.e., I can no longer safely enter calendar items onto my Storm.
    01-16-09 01:39 PM
    Same problem please help! I was on the phone with a Verizon rep today at 10 and used the re-sync in DM to restore the missing appointments at 5 they where gone again. Ver Rep had no solutions! I have had the phone since the release date and have visited crackberry many times. Great Site!!

Running .75
    5G memory available
    appointment set to keep forever
    01-20-09 05:57 PM
    Corrupt data file in calendar!!!!!!!

Solution

Backup device in DM then go to advanced -databases- clear calendar - refresh database list calendar all should also be cleared. Disconnect phone from computer due a battery pull or hard reset. Re-Sync with outlook. Mine has work Knock on Wood for two days now.
    01-23-09 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD