I am trying to get my storm 9530 to link to my computers calendar. I have tried outlook, Yahoo, and Google Calendar. The only one that comes up as a option to link with is the Yahoo but the times dont line up right. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this problem That would be great. Or if someone can tell me how to get either outlook or Google to work that would be great also.

I would also like to know that one people think is better or which one that I should use.

Thanks for any help
    05-21-09 04:36 PM
    I like Outlook because that's where I keep all my Calendar/Contact info, but I'm pretty sure you have to be on Outlook 2007 or higher. Desktop Manager syncs perfectly with it. What version of Outlook do you have?

Grey
    05-21-09 06:09 PM
    I am trying to get my storm 9530 to link to my computers calendar. I have tried outlook, Yahoo, and Google Calendar. The only one that comes up as a option to link with is the Yahoo but the times dont line up right. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this problem That would be great. Or if someone can tell me how to get either outlook or Google to work that would be great also.

I would also like to know that one people think is better or which one that I should use.

Thanks for any help
    I use google calendar and like it a lot. You need to download google sync in order for that to work properly.
    05-21-09 06:30 PM
    +1 on google sync for calendar...Its ota so you dont have to connect with usb...
    05-21-09 07:14 PM
    Google saved my phone. Outlook wouldn't talk to my phone after multiple efforts with Verizon and my IT. I'm new to BB so I was no help. Finally, I figured out how to use Outlook 2007 from my work desktop, send it to an iCalender folder on the computer, send that to my Google and sync that to the phone. Took hours of aggravation but I was so happy when it finally worked. I really wanted to keep this phone and it was going back if I couldn't get the calendar on it.
    05-22-09 01:01 AM
    Google calendar with the US Holidays added, shared out to the wife, we both have google sync installed on our phones. Its great!
    05-22-09 09:13 AM
    I have outlook 2007 and everything but my calendar syncs. When it comes to my calendar it shows it should sync to it but when it syncs it never recognizes it.
    05-23-09 12:15 AM
    I have outlook 2007 and everything but my calendar syncs. When it comes to my calendar it shows it should sync to it but when it syncs it never recognizes it.
    Have you tried going into Options, Advanced Options, Default Actions/Calendar to be sure that the correct default is set? I had the same problem, and turned out that the default calendar was changed to Facebook

Diane - in NJ
    05-30-09 12:00 AM
    Have you tried going into Options, Advanced Options, Default Actions/Calendar to be sure that the correct default is set? I had the same problem, and turned out that the default calendar was changed to Facebook

Diane - in NJ

+1

the default calendar switches to facebook on the original 1.5 release of facebook and that can cause headaches with syncing calendars..

just check to see what your default calendar is set to.
    05-30-09 04:58 AM
    After reading thorough this thread I downloaded google sync. Few questions. Is there a way to update google calendar with item previously on bb calendar. It only seem to add new items. Also is there a way for holidays to show on bb calendar. I am using the us holiday on goolgle and they show there.

Thanks
    05-30-09 10:09 AM
    Kevin yes there is a way. In you google sync application go to options and all the way at the bottom if you click on your calenders all of your google calenders will show up and you select the ones you want to sync...
    05-30-09 05:12 PM
    ok but here is my question... have like 75 items on my calendar, 71 of which are items from facebook. So how do i get my 71 facebook calendars to sync?
    05-30-09 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD