Hi, everyone. I am new to BB and Verizon. I just got my phone on Monday. I am still running 4.7.0.75 (came loaded on the phone). I have searched the internet and the Crackberry database to fine my problem. I have not found very much on it, so I think I have a localized problem.

The problem is my calendar alerts (notifications) do not sync to my Storm as they are in Lotus Notes. I am running DM 4.7. I am not on BIS or BES yet. I do not have access to a BES server where I work. so BIS will be the best I can do. At first, I abended when I tried to sync the calendar functions. I cleaned up my calendar entries on Notes and did a one way sync to the Storm and things started to work. Then, I noticed that some entries had alarms set and some did not. I found some help on this forum where a person clicked on the clock in Notes and selected "Play Sound". I did this for all my calendar entries and then my Storm had the little bell icon. However, this morning, the alarm did not sound.

I'm sure I am doing something stupid, but I don't know what it is. I get a lot of meetings scheduled and would love to have my alerts flow to my Storm without my intervention. At this point, however, I am just trying to get them to just go off. Oh, my global setting are set to 15 minute default reminders and a 5 minutes snooze. I have a 30 day trial period, but love the other aspects of the storm and would hate to lose it now.

Thank you
    02-25-09 08:03 AM
    I tried upgrading to OS 4.7.0.109. This had no affect on my problem.
    02-26-09 07:33 PM
    My alarms sync fine with Notes 8. Any cal entry in Notes that has "notify me" checked off in the entry displays the alarm on my PC and BB just fine. I've been on notes 8 for a long time (pre public beta through 8.5) and its always worked fine.

I'm on a BES though. Sounds like you are doing a manual sync via DM. Maybe its a setting in the DM that's the culprit?
    02-26-09 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD