Does anyone know of a free app out there that you can integrate into the calendar to show holidays?
    02-25-09 10:09 AM
    I use Google calender..you can go in and add a US holidays calendar...I have gsync, so then it syncs all that with my BB calendar...not an app but a good workaround.
    02-25-09 10:58 AM
    Is there a Canadian Holiday calender for google?
    02-25-09 11:03 AM
    yup go into settings in Calendar, then under Settings>Calendars...look for the link "Browse for Public calendars"...there is a canadian holiday calendar...as well as a bunch more...
    02-25-09 11:10 AM
    great, thanks. I use google calendar too.
    02-25-09 11:12 AM
    Ok, I have never used google calendars. can someone post a step by step for this please.
    02-25-09 11:54 AM
    Thanks for the info. I am getting google sync today!
    02-25-09 12:03 PM
    Thanks for the info. I am getting google sync today!
    Phi-Skee....Soror
    02-25-09 12:21 PM
    Ok... so how do you get the holidays to sync to the storm? I have the holidays on my google calender but when i sync they don't come up on my storm
    02-25-09 01:52 PM
    Same here. Sync'd and nothing from my Google map is on my Storm.
    02-25-09 01:57 PM
    Unless we go to each even (Holiday) and copy it to the our calender? But then that means we would have to go through each one and that would take time. Is there a better way?
    02-25-09 02:04 PM
    Same here. Sync'd and nothing from my Google map is on my Storm.
    i couldnt get anything to sync either
    02-25-09 02:23 PM
    i couldnt get anything to sync either
    Go into Google Sync. Then BB Menu -> Options -> Scroll to Bottom -> Click on any calender under Sync These Calendars -> Check the US Holidays box.

Then re-sync.
    02-25-09 03:11 PM
    ^ beat me to it...works great...

and to someone who wanted a step by step...this is the Cliff Notes version:

1. go to Google calendar and into settings
    2. Add on any extra calendars you might want - look under" Browse public calendars"
    3. Once done, save and go to calendar..wait...
    4. On storm, go to http://m.google.com/sync?dc=gsy
    5. download Google sync, run it
    6. Ensure you enter your username and password for your google account whose calendar you want to sync.
    7. Before syncing, click on BB button and from menu, change any settings you might want to (I don't want to sync my contacts).
    8. Sync

And there you go....

If you use Outlook and want to sync that to your BB OTA, install the Google sync desktop application and it will basically sync from outlook to your google calendar...and GS on your storm will then sync your Google calendar with your BB one...in other words, your Outlook calendar on your BB.
    02-25-09 03:19 PM
    I got it!!!! I love u guys!!
    02-25-09 03:45 PM
    thanks for the tip!
    02-25-09 04:16 PM
    I've added the US holiday Calendar on google.com, but when i go into google sync and click on my calendar, there is no option for the US Holiday calendar. Any ideas?
    02-25-09 05:46 PM
    I've added the US holiday Calendar on google.com, but when i go into google sync and click on my calendar, there is no option for the US Holiday calendar. Any ideas?
    Go to page one of this post and look at rmjones post. Read carefully and follow the steps.

And thanks rmjones.
    02-25-09 05:59 PM
    I did all of that. WHen I click on my calendar, it doesnt't give me the US holidays calendar as an option.
    02-25-09 06:34 PM
    Does anyone know of a free app out there that you can integrate into the calendar to show holidays?
    Just add the holidays to your Outlook Calendar and when you sync they will carry over
    02-25-09 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD