Is there a way I can download the Storms calendar on my PC to type in my appointments on my laptop. Then export the data onto my blackberry storm? Would this be a third party app or I am just lost?
    Thanks
    03-08-09 11:41 PM
    use desktop manager to sync with outlook (hoping that is the calendar program you are using), you can set it up to either copy all events from blackberry to your PC, copy all events from you PC to your blackberry, or both. If you choose both, if an event already occurs on your PC and BB it won't touch it but if an appointment is missing on either, it will update. you can also have it sync your contacts, notes, and to-do's.

To setup, once you have you BB connected, go to the sync option and on the left side of the screen click customize.
    03-08-09 11:46 PM
    use desktop manager to sync with outlook (hoping that is the calendar program you are using), you can set it up to either copy all events from blackberry to your PC, copy all events from you PC to your blackberry, or both. If you choose both, if an event already occurs on your PC and BB it won't touch it but if an appointment is missing on either, it will update. you can also have it sync your contacts, notes, and to-do's.

To setup, once you have you BB connected, go to the sync option and on the left side of the screen click customize.
    Right now I am not using a calendar. I don't use the outlook calendar. I remember when I had the Nextel Blackberry it came with a calendar with the software for the phone to put on my PC. So, is the Outlook my only option?
    03-09-09 12:05 AM
    I wouldn't say it is your only option, but probably your best one. it is a pretty tried and tested program and sync's well with the berry.

Google has a calendar built into their Gmail mail service, and you can get a program for you berry called google sync (or something to that effect) that will sync up your calendars, but I've heard about even amounts of good and bad with the program.

Ultimately, your best option is to figure out what type of calendar best fits your needs and then find a way to sync it with your berry (if possible).

I remember when you got software for your PC with a phone but I don't think that is the norm anymore, as most times the software was pretty crappy and most people tended not to use it anyway.
    03-09-09 12:37 AM
    Hi Everyone!

Do you know of a way to customize the way the default Blackberry Storm calendar looks? I had to download a 3rd party application to change the way the icon looks, but I still want to customize the way the actual calendar looks. For instance, instead of having a blue background with white text for the header for the month of the calendar, I want to change the background color and font... any ideas?
    07-22-10 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD