Well, title says it all.... was tired of the Bold... went to get a javelin... while looking at it the lack of 3G was really bothering me... i saw the storm for the first time, and was surprised at how good the size was. I must say RIM did not do it justice with all the press releases because by looking at the pics i always thought it looked huge. Was very happy when I held it and saw it was smaller than my Bold.

To be honest, I had never contemplated buying it until i played with it in the store tonight. So far so good. Browser is way better than the bolds.
    12-22-08 02:12 PM
    Congrats on your new storm. Just curious...what didnt you like about the Bold?
    12-22-08 02:14 PM
    Welcome fellow storm user enjoy
    12-22-08 02:15 PM
    @celesteB

the browser, the size.... and as silly as it sounds; the cheap silver trim. A phone that costs that much should not have such a cheap silver trim that fades away and scratches so easily.
    12-22-08 02:17 PM
    You'll find the silver bezel on the storm to be much better than the bold,welcome aboard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 02:33 PM
    I love a full QWERTY keyboard but I just do not know if I would go back to one like the "Niagara" (CDMA Bold) in Q1 2009 because of stuff like the browser on the Storm. It is too good to let go of! I just dont know if I could go back to something like the Curve or Bold! Their browsers are pretty weak and I am in love with the size of the Storm screen!
    12-22-08 02:43 PM
    The screen is what got me too,its great to watch videos while commuting to work
    12-27-08 12:48 AM
    Welcome, You'll love your Storm
    12-27-08 12:52 AM
    Congrats on the purchase!
    12-27-08 01:00 AM
    Welcome to the Storm. Have fun and remeber the more you learn about it the better the trip.
    12-27-08 01:01 AM
    I was toying with a Bold my sister-in-law had on Christmas. Though it is a wonderful BB, I feel the Storm is leaps and bounds better in every way. Unfortunately for her, so did she. She's actually thinking of returning it and jumping ship to VZW to get the Storm.
    12-27-08 05:52 AM
    I played with my friends Bold the other day, and honestly don't understand the hype about it. Everyone comments on the speed of the OS. I actually thought it was kind of slow and laggy.

I definitely prefer my Storm over that Bold. Nice BB, but the Storm is leaps and bounds ahead of it IMHO.
    12-27-08 08:10 AM
    I have both the Bold and Storm. I agree that I love the large screen on the Storm. Love the Bold for its simplicity and speed but use the Storm more because I can see the screen better. Browser is nicer on the Storm.
    12-27-08 12:02 PM
    Any former iPhone users or comments? I use my iPhone at home as wifi device. Use a VZW Pearll as my personal phone and an aT&T curve for business. The Storm looks great but concerned about my iTunes library and audible books may not work. I love the ability to capture and send video on Storm and PeArl for that matter.
    12-27-08 12:37 PM
    congrats on ur wise purchase. welcome to the storm forums.
    12-27-08 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD