Very few things are going to get fixed. I don't know why people hang onto the idea that updates are going to miraculously fix everything. Its evident that the phone will be wrought with issues for the life of it.

They failed to make an OS from the ground up for the Storm and that is why all these issues are so prevalent. One common complaint amoung many is a simple lock while in portrait. It was not overlooked. It simply was never there. They slapped 4.6 on it renamed it 4.7 and sent it off.

People are waiting for these magical updates and will be po'd when they find out they fix one thing then something else pops up. Its going to be a vicious cycle of neverending problems. Forget about an app store. Over half the apps will cause even more problems. Adding more things to the device will only compound the problems. That's already been happening with some 3rd party apps. To use a cliche`the app store will be as useless as t*ts on a 16 year old.

Its a shiat sandwich and you all are taking a bite out of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It was more rushed than built to never work. Verizon wanted it now, and RIM had to listen. Give it a couple months, I guarentee that you'll see an OS overhaull to make this sucker the best device you've ever seen.

And if they don't? So what - the Storm is still great as is. People need to stop whining about the little piece of dust that flies under the screen and griping for a replacement - YOU DON'T NEED ONE. People don't understand touch-screen devices well enough to understand what you have to do to use one, and for pete's sake YOU KNEW THERE WASN'T A REAL KEYBOARD - STOP COMPLAINING.
    01-14-09 02:57 PM
    Storage isn't a huge problem. I'm notoriously tough on my battery with nightly charging so I am certainly concerned as to how the device will hold up in terms of battery life a year later.

I had a Curve for a week before the Storm, definitely agree with you about the small keypads.
    Storage is a problem when it starts to fail on you and you cant do anything about it.
    PS the Storm is ALOT less expensive than the Bold, like almost half the price. And for everything you gave up, you just became a VICTIM.
    Getting a contract...not really. A 2 yr contract for the storm is $199.99. A 2 yr contract for the Bold is $299.99. Only $100 more. Buying the phone only...its only about $50 difference. it also depends on the contract that RIM and the carrier has. How much the carrier has to pay for the phone itself but be able to make a profit on it.
    01-14-09 03:09 PM
    Storage is a problem when it starts to fail on you and you cant do anything about it
    True but I have everything important backed up with Google Sync already.

All I have on my media card are photos/videos/music. All easily replaced from my laptop
    01-14-09 03:12 PM
    True but I have everything important backed up with Google Sync already.

All I have on my media card are photos/videos/music. All easily replaced from my laptop
    Thats for your storm or other removable media. We were talking about the iPod and its lack of user removable storage/battery.
    01-14-09 03:18 PM
    Thats for your storm or other removable media. We were talking about the iPod and its lack of user removable storage/battery.
    I was under the impression everything on your iPod has to be on your computer. How else can you sync it? I thought it was iTunes or bust?
    01-14-09 03:33 PM
    I was under the impression everything on your iPod has to be on your computer. How else can you sync it? I thought it was iTunes or bust?
    I dont sync my iPod to my iTunes to backup stuff. I only use iTunes to transfer music on my computer to the iPod. I dont even get my music from iTunes.
    01-14-09 03:36 PM
    Very few things are going to get fixed. I don't know why people hang onto the idea that updates are going to miraculously fix everything. Its evident that the phone will be wrought with issues for the life of it.

They failed to make an OS from the ground up for the Storm and that is why all these issues are so prevalent. One common complaint amoung many is a simple lock while in portrait. It was not overlooked. It simply was never there. They slapped 4.6 on it renamed it 4.7 and sent it off.

People are waiting for these magical updates and will be po'd when they find out they fix one thing then something else pops up. Its going to be a vicious cycle of neverending problems. Forget about an app store. Over half the apps will cause even more problems. Adding more things to the device will only compound the problems. That's already been happening with some 3rd party apps. To use a cliche`the app store will be as useless as t*ts on a 16 year old.

Although I don't really agree with the post above, Cereal is entitled to his opinion. He's also entitled to not get flamed for his opinion. That said, keep it clean cereal.
    01-14-09 03:41 PM
    Roger that Crucial : )

01-14-09 03:48 PM
    traded in VZW for ATT

rotflmao

have fun, cya when you get back. The first time you dropped a call AND you cant connect to the internet, you will remember why ou loved VZW again. And come crawling back again.

PS the Storm is ALOT less expensive than the Bold, like almost half the price. And for everything you gave up, you just became a VICTIM.
    Had ATT for almost 8 years prior to jumping to Verizon just to get the Storm. Never had a problem with dropped calls or lack of signal, and I travel all over the country.

Actually went back today and ported my number back to ATT and obtained the Bold. Seems to be a better fit for me than the Storm (which I had 2 dropped calls today!!) NOw I did not HATE the Storm, nor was I loving it. Afterall it is just a phone.
    01-14-09 06:25 PM
    Yep... bye bye Storm... I couldn't take it anymore... I got a Curve in trade for my old Pearl and have not been happier since my Treo... I love the qwerty and the memory the Curve has... never am I below 45mb free mem... with a lot of the same apps I had on the Storm.

The virtual keyboard is just not for me... and I am not happy being a paying beta tester for buggy software.
    01-14-09 06:51 PM
    Should've returned the Storm, stuck with the Curve, and waited for the CDMA Bold.

Oh well.
    Agreed---It's just a matter of time before it hits Verizon!
    01-14-09 07:28 PM
    ... and I am not happy being a paying beta tester for buggy software.
    Congratulations!! You just won the award for smartest Storm user. Well former user : )

Beta testers are usually payed or given the product free or both. VZW is taking advantage of everyone and they don't even realize it. Too funny.

Oh well they say ignorance is bliss.

01-14-09 07:58 PM
    Yeah, I am sorry about all the troubles you had with the Storm. However, the Bold is amazing, so I am happy you are staying within the world of BB. Great choice.
    01-14-09 08:10 PM
    I think the Storm is pretty stable with the .75. I have 3rd party apps installed and I use my phone a lot. I tried .85 and switched back to .75. I really don't experience any problems. I LOVE MY STORM.
    01-14-09 08:50 PM
    The Bold is a great device, youre gonne love it. I am happy with my Storm and even when the Niagara comes out, I dont think Im gonna be able to leave the Storm with its huge screen and great browser.
    01-14-09 08:53 PM
    I think the Storm is pretty stable with the .75. I have 3rd party apps installed and I use my phone a lot. I tried .85 and switched back to .75. I really don't experience any problems. I LOVE MY STORM.
    I've only used .75

Use very few 3rd party apps

My BB has been incredibly stable. I too love it.
    01-14-09 08:53 PM
    Go Phillies! Good luck, Bold is a good device, love my Storm though
    01-14-09 08:55 PM
    As of tomorrow I am bringing back my Storm and going back to the Curve. I didnt dislike the Storm, there was just something that made it feel not for me. I had my heart set on a Bold and was debating going to ATT. For now, I will stick it out with the ol trusty Curve until the CDMA Bold is out in about 3 months hopefully.
    01-14-09 10:32 PM

But, It does sound enticing! JK lmao
    01-14-09 10:39 PM
    But, It does sound enticing! JK lmao
    Brian your a sick man............I love it.

01-14-09 10:55 PM
    Useless? Age of consent is 16 here in Michigan... bring her here!
    01-14-09 11:05 PM
    own a storm and a bold...
    i would use storm for the weekend and bold for working on weekdays.
    each has it's own pro and cons...you can never get a perfect phone.
    just need to own 2 =p
    01-15-09 12:27 AM
    Go Phillies! Good luck, Bold is a good device, love my Storm though
    I feel the same way. The Bold is great but the Storm is just more unique IMO. Lest we forget, the Bold had the same growing pains.
    01-15-09 05:03 AM
    As of tomorrow I am bringing back my Storm and going back to the Curve. I didnt dislike the Storm, there was just something that made it feel not for me. I had my heart set on a Bold and was debating going to ATT. For now, I will stick it out with the ol trusty Curve until the CDMA Bold is out in about 3 months hopefully.
    Give ya ten bucks for it
    01-15-09 09:54 AM
    Give ya ten bucks for it
    Getting old

01-15-09 01:01 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD