So after using 2 different storms for approx 3 weeks on Verizon Wireless, I have given up and tonight ported out to AT&T and got a Bold. Must say for the couple extra dollars, by far the smartest thing I did. Verizon is a great wireless service but going from a Curve to a Storm just was not for me.

I was very reluctant to goto AT&T because at my new home some people experienced very poor service. Now that I am home, I get full service and I am loving everything about the Bold.

Well just thanking everyone for the information and help with my storm experience. Moving on over to the Bold section.

SEE YA GUYS!!
    01-13-09 02:38 AM
    Enjoy your Bold.
    01-13-09 02:39 AM
    This Bold is for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 02:42 AM
    Rants and Raves, but enjoy!
    01-13-09 02:42 AM
    Storm is a GREAT Phone, but just wasn't for me. Sad to see it go, but as long as I have been a Berry user I just feel so much more at home with the Bold.

If I could have it MY WAY, Id have a CDMA Bold on Verizon!!
    01-13-09 03:00 AM
    Should've returned the Storm, stuck with the Curve, and waited for the CDMA Bold.

Oh well.
    01-13-09 03:24 AM
    Enjoy your Bold, its a great device!
    01-13-09 01:25 PM
    The Bold's a solid device but it just doesn't match the Storm for my uses.
    01-13-09 01:31 PM
    I had the same feelings for the storm, I returned mine and got the 8330.
    01-13-09 01:36 PM
    You're so.... Bold!
    01-13-09 01:38 PM
    The Storms like my old LG Voyager but it just doesn't match the Bold for my uses.
    Agree
    ...come on kids let's grow up and not revert to "name stealing"

Last edited by cereal killer; 01-13-09 at 01:44 PM.
    01-13-09 01:41 PM
    Storm is a GREAT Phone, but just wasn't for me. Sad to see it go, but as long as I have been a Berry user I just feel so much more at home with the Bold.

If I could have it MY WAY, Id have a CDMA Bold on Verizon!!
    Too bad for you cuz there is a CDMA Bold (Niagra) version coming out. Slated for May 2009.
    01-13-09 01:43 PM
    Too bad for you cuz there is a CDMA Bold (Niagra) version coming out. Slated for May 2009.
    Very true, although there's a certain excitement to having the exclusive launch of a device.

See: Storm on Verizon Wireless

See: iPhone on AT&T

See: Palm Pre on Sprint

In the end, it means nothing as we're all looking for a phone that suits our needs but I find it to be an extra lil draw
    01-13-09 01:47 PM
    should've gotten a curve light.
    01-14-09 11:55 AM
    So after using 2 different storms for approx 3 weeks on Verizon Wireless, I have given up and tonight ported out to AT&T and got a Bold. Must say for the couple extra dollars, by far the smartest thing I did. Verizon is a great wireless service but going from a Curve to a Storm just was not for me.

I was very reluctant to goto AT&T because at my new home some people experienced very poor service. Now that I am home, I get full service and I am loving everything about the Bold.

Well just thanking everyone for the information and help with my storm experience. Moving on over to the Bold section.

SEE YA GUYS!!
    Give ya ten bucks for it
    01-14-09 12:36 PM
    Very true, although there's a certain excitement to having the exclusive launch of a device.

See: Storm on Verizon Wireless

See: iPhone on AT&T

See: Palm Pre on Sprint

In the end, it means nothing as we're all looking for a phone that suits our needs but I find it to be an extra lil draw
    Personally...phone is a phone. I was with AT&T before Verizon because of the fancy phones but the service around me sucked. Only reason why I didnt go with VZ was because of the ugly phones that were available. Switched to VZ when the Voyager came out and I never looked back. Service is my #1 priority. I dont want to be on the phone and the call drops or walking in a tunnel or under a bridge and i get disconnected.

VZ is starting to get more phones that are starting to look good. The Storm is my very first Blackberry and although I like the uniqueness, I'll be getting a Curve/Bold when my NE2 is available (October). So exclusitivity doesnt mean anything to me. If iPhone was for exclusive to VZ instead of AT&T..would I get it? Probably not.
    01-14-09 01:44 PM
    If iPhone was for exclusive to VZ instead of AT&T..would I get it? Probably not.
    I probably would. My only knock on it? Lack of an easily replaced user battery
    01-14-09 01:49 PM
    I probably would. My only knock on it? Lack of an easily replaced user battery
    Nothing different from a iPod...you cant change battery or its storage.

I need to hit up a AT&T and TMOBILE store to check out the Bold and 8900. I want to see how the keypad is. The current Curve 8330 has small keypads for my thumbs liking.
    01-14-09 01:53 PM
    Nothing different from a iPod...you cant change battery or its storage.

I need to hit up a AT&T and TMOBILE store to check out the Bold and 8900. I want to see how the keypad is. The current Curve 8330 has small keypads for my thumbs liking.
    Storage isn't a huge problem. I'm notoriously tough on my battery with nightly charging so I am certainly concerned as to how the device will hold up in terms of battery life a year later.

I had a Curve for a week before the Storm, definitely agree with you about the small keypads.
    01-14-09 02:05 PM

SEE YA GUYS!!
    I think phones is a very personal thing, i had the bold and I kept the phone for 3 weeks...same issues I have with the Storm I had with the bold, the bold is a solid device now but back then it was not, so same thing with the Storm, it is not as solid as the Bold is today but it will be... You guys probably remember how many iPhones got returned when it came out and they are doing a decent job now...
    It is a personal choice, what phone to buy and keep, so far i love my storm and for me is the best one i've ever had. Has issues but it will get fixed like any other new phone and the big plus VZW is VZW... #1 service out there...works even in the middle of the ocean...
    VZW = Way to go
    01-14-09 02:11 PM
    Glad you are staying with the rest of us 'berry's, but moving to AT&T... That's BOLD.
    01-14-09 02:23 PM
    Very few things are going to get fixed. I don't know why people hang onto the idea that updates are going to miraculously fix everything. Its evident that the phone will be wrought with issues for the life of it.

They failed to make an OS from the ground up for the Storm and that is why all these issues are so prevalent. One common complaint amoung many is a simple lock while in portrait. It was not overlooked. It simply was never there. They slapped 4.6 on it renamed it 4.7 and sent it off.

People are waiting for these magical updates and will be po'd when they find out they fix one thing then something else pops up. Its going to be a vicious cycle of neverending problems. Forget about an app store. Over half the apps will cause even more problems. Adding more things to the device will only compound the problems. That's already been happening with some 3rd party apps. To use a cliche`the app store will be as useless as t*ts on a 16 year old.

Its a shiat sandwich and you all are taking a bite out of it.

01-14-09 02:34 PM
    Very few things are going to get fixed. I don't know why people hang onto the idea that updates are going to miraculously fix everything. Its evident that the phone will be wrought with issues for the life of it.

They failed to make an OS from the ground up for the Storm and that is why all these issues are so prevalent. One common complaint amoung many is a simple lock while in portrait. It was not overlooked. It simply was never there. They slapped 4.6 on it renamed it 4.7 and sent it off.

People are waiting for these magical updates and will be po'd when they find out they fix one thing then something else pops up. Its going to be a vicious cycle of neverending problems. Forget about an app store. Over half the apps will cause even more problems. Adding more things to the device will only compound the problems. That's already been happening with some 3rd party apps. To use a cliche`the app store will be as useless as t*ts on a 16 year old.

Its a shiat sandwich and you all are taking a bite out of it.

Dude, you're real optimistic. Glad to have you here
    01-14-09 02:40 PM
    traded in VZW for ATT

rotflmao

have fun, cya when you get back. The first time you dropped a call AND you cant connect to the internet, you will remember why ou loved VZW again. And come crawling back again.

PS the Storm is ALOT less expensive than the Bold, like almost half the price. And for everything you gave up, you just became a VICTIM.
    01-14-09 02:49 PM
    I think phones is a very personal thing, i had the bold and I kept the phone for 3 weeks...same issues I have with the Storm I had with the bold, the bold is a solid device now but back then it was not, so same thing with the Storm, it is not as solid as the Bold is today but it will be... You guys probably remember how many iPhones got returned when it came out and they are doing a decent job now...
    It is a personal choice, what phone to buy and keep, so far i love my storm and for me is the best one i've ever had. Has issues but it will get fixed like any other new phone and the big plus VZW is VZW... #1 service out there...works even in the middle of the ocean...
    VZW = Way to go
    Exactly. It's all about patience. RIM has clearly shown it's willing to continue improving the product (just as they did with the Bold).

Plus, I'm loving the device as it is right now. Gorgeous.
    01-14-09 02:50 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD