I wish you luck. I DO know a friend who has to deal with the iPhone at the complaint level. She works for a law firm and every time a lawyers iPhone locks up or some bug shows up, it is her job to find out how to fix it. She personally said she will never get one because of the number of times she has had to research to fix it.

The grass always looks greener on the other side. Just hope it doesnt end up being weeds.
    05-17-09 06:07 PM
    I'm just upset that they didn't even give storm 1 a chance and went straight to storm 2.
    um...the fact that they tested it to the point where .75 is pretty much stable and then released it means that they never gave it a chance? also, the fact that VZW doesn't release new OS builds before thoroughly testing them is unacceptable?

i'd have been more pissed to wait for an official OS build from VZW and have it be less stable than .75

that being said i'm happy with the mostly, but not completely, stable .109
    05-17-09 06:08 PM
    I'm just upset that they didn't even give storm 1 a chance and went straight to storm 2.
    What do you mean they didn't even give Storm 1 a chance and went straight to Storm 2."? You knew (with ANY common sense) that there would be a "Storm 2" the minute they released the Storm. It would stupid not to start development on the next version. Wake up people!
    05-17-09 06:08 PM
    You fail to realize the iphone is on their third year. Storm barely past seven months. That is not a comparison.

I am moving to the Iphone. After looking at Verizon, I will prefer a crap network and a phone that kills the storm, then put up with bootleg operating systems and a network that does not care about smartphone.

Tell me the last Verizon commercial you saw that did not feature the bb storm. I have had this excuse for a BB since December, and am on my second storm. The first one had newer OS, the second one is the official 75 OS. My thoughts are why should I have to go to CB everyday to check to see if a new OS came out, when I could get a perfected device in the iphone. Every other carrier except Verizon has released updates.

6 months with no update and I see photos that they are working on a storm 2. What about those storm 1 owners? Verizon does not care about it's customer, how obvious is it?

I can get a Bold or an Iphone, I am not sure. I need to go to the AT&T store and play, what I can say is bye bye Verizon.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 06:09 PM
    You fail to realize the iphone is on their third year. Storm barely past seven months. That is not a comparison.

this.

/thread
    05-17-09 06:11 PM
    Guess what?

No one cares.

Send me a picture message when you get it, and also enjoy the cramped kayboard....
    What is a cramped kayboard?

05-17-09 06:17 PM
    So Angry!!!
    05-17-09 06:19 PM

That may be, but RIM has been in the phone game way longer than Apple, and the iPhone was a way more solid device (even with it's obvious drawbacks) at it's launch than the Storm is even now. RIM's inability to put out a solid package with the Storm is pretty amazing to me given their supposedly superior experience in the industry.
    05-17-09 07:06 PM
    That may be, but RIM has been in the phone game way longer than Apple, and the iPhone was a way more solid device (even with it's obvious drawbacks) at it's launch than the Storm is even now. RIM's inability to put out a solid package with the Storm is pretty amazing to me given their supposedly superior experience in the industry.
    well this would be a non-issue if VZW didn't release a device that is well below their standards...that's a big issue IMO....
    05-17-09 07:08 PM
    well this would be a non-issue if VZW didn't release a device that is well below their standards...that's a big issue IMO....
    I agree with that whole-heartedly. Don't get me wrong, the Storm is the best phone VZ has IMO, but if Apple ever wises up and get's on VZ's network, RIM is gonna be in trouble unless the get their shiz together.
    05-17-09 07:11 PM
    All we can say si good-by.
    Mod please move to rants
    +1... cya.
    05-17-09 07:16 PM
    Well. What can I say but................................... SO LONG SUCKER.

05-17-09 07:33 PM
    Cheese and whine alert.

05-17-09 07:33 PM
    I am moving to the Iphone. After looking at Verizon, I will prefer a crap network and a phone that kills the storm, then put up with bootleg operating systems and a network that does not care about smartphone.

Tell me the last Verizon commercial you saw that did not feature the bb storm. I have had this excuse for a BB since December, and am on my second storm. The first one had newer OS, the second one is the official 75 OS. My thoughts are why should I have to go to CB everyday to check to see if a new OS came out, when I could get a perfected device in the iphone. Every other carrier except Verizon has released updates.

6 months with no update and I see photos that they are working on a storm 2. What about those storm 1 owners? Verizon does not care about it's customer, how obvious is it?

I can get a Bold or an Iphone, I am not sure. I need to go to the AT&T store and play, what I can say is bye bye Verizon.
    Tell me the last Apple commercial you saw that did not feature the iphone.
    05-17-09 07:34 PM
    bb dropped the ball people said it was verizon's fault but as a company as big as rim you should determine when your product come out because at the end of the day verizon is a service provider your the phone company and it makes rim look bad at the end of the day. I'm personally ok not happy but ok with the .141 its cool for now but a update is needed and if the storm 2 is going to be better i will buy it when it comes out but the iphone came out back to back a year later and nobody complained things changes and of course they will fix all the probably and come back with something better its called business
    05-17-09 07:44 PM
    bb dropped the ball people said it was verizon's fault but as a company as big as rim you should determine when your product come out because at the end of the day verizon is a service provider your the phone company and it makes rim look bad at the end of the day. I'm personally ok not happy but ok with the .141 its cool for now but a update is needed and if the storm 2 is going to be better i will buy it when it comes out but the iphone came out back to back a year later and nobody complained things changes and of course they will fix all the probably and come back with something better its called business
    unforunately this isn't a realistic statement. each carrier has their own requirements and testing that the device has to pass. RIM has no say in that part, same reason why we don't have a new "official" OS from VZW yet...nothing can pass their testing. technically the storm didn't pass, but the CEO pulled the trigger anyway, and said to release it. so now we have the phone. whoop de whoop.
    05-17-09 07:54 PM
    Business as usual....stop complaining and start being a man you little ***
    Maybe if you hat returned the phone in the firs 30 days like any person with a�half a brain would hag GO wound...
    didn't (cry

05-17-09 08:04 PM
    yeah! you tell 'em, bro!
    05-17-09 08:08 PM

and how many companies have had to reinvent their entire UI to make it practical to apply to a touch screen platform (and done so successfully)? 2. RIM and Apple. Also, considering Apple has virtually infinite resources as well as lucrative contracts with top hardware manufacturers in the tech industry, it's not a surprise that their first foray into the smartphone realm is a semi-solid platform.

I agree with that whole-heartedly. Don't get me wrong, the Storm is the best phone VZ has IMO, but if Apple ever wises up and get's on VZ's network, RIM is gonna be in trouble unless the get their shiz together.
    i disagree unless apple's smartphone can truly function as an all-in-one solution that can still manage background programs efficiently(no, i'm not saying the storm does it, but it comes close). if so, then i do think your assumption is valid.
    Last edited by turntable; 05-17-09 at 09:42 PM.
    05-17-09 09:40 PM
    What is a cramped kayboard?

Keyboard. The portrait one.

Is one typo worth quoting?
    05-17-09 09:42 PM
    Is one typo worth quoting?
    apparently so.
    05-17-09 10:08 PM
    any typo requires swift and immediate punishment from the grammar police!!!
    05-17-09 10:10 PM
    yeah true you had 30 days I'm not upset i think its a good phone but the first 30days you were aware of the problems you should have returned it I'm good with my storm and i hope they don't abandon the whole click screen in storm 2 they won a award for it for Christ sakes.
    05-17-09 10:11 PM
    I hate to make generalizations but, in general, I have noticed the BB users on this site seem WAY more snobbish than anybody on any iPhone forums that I have read.
    05-17-09 10:26 PM
    the vocal minority are very much that way, mushy...but like any group, the bad apples don't represent the whole community.

take me for example, i'm not a snob but i'm definately a sarcastic ****!
    05-17-09 10:28 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD