the vocal minority are very much that way, mushy...but like any group, the bad apples don't represent the whole community.

take me for example, i'm not a snob but i'm definately a sarcastic ****!
    Well said
    05-17-09 10:45 PM
    thank you
    05-17-09 10:48 PM
    Anybody else feeling like the blackberry os is stale? I'm not trying to start a war just wanted to know if anybody else is feeling that way?
    05-17-09 11:04 PM
    Tell me the last Apple commercial you saw that did not feature the iphone.
    I see way more "I'm a Mac" ads than iPhone adds. Although that'll probably change after WWDC. Is this really a big deal though? Of course both companies are going to promote their strongest sellers.

and how many companies have had to reinvent their entire UI to make it practical to apply to a touch screen platform (and done so successfully)? 2. RIM and Apple. Also, considering Apple has virtually infinite resources as well as lucrative contracts with top hardware manufacturers in the tech industry, it's not a surprise that their first foray into the smartphone realm is a semi-solid platform.

i disagree unless apple's smartphone can truly function as an all-in-one solution that can still manage background programs efficiently(no, i'm not saying the storm does it, but it comes close). if so, then i do think your assumption is valid.
    You do have a point but even before the iPhone showed how mundane RIM's (and WinMo's and everyone else's) UI's were, the BB interface was clunky at best. Even the iPhone's has it's flaws, but the industry standard was stagnant and Apple caught them with their collective pants down. If anything, credit Apple with lighting a fire under their butts to innovate. And the Storm is hardly an all-encompassing device either. My point is look how well the iPhone does on a crappy network. Now imagine how well it would do on a network as vast as VZ. I think it'd have twice the market share it does now. At least.

the vocal minority are very much that way, mushy...but like any group, the bad apples don't represent the whole community.

take me for example, i'm not a snob but i'm definately a sarcastic ****!
    lol
    Last edited by ClintAustin; 05-17-09 at 11:10 PM.
    05-17-09 11:08 PM
    Anybody else feeling like the blackberry os is stale? I'm not trying to start a war just wanted to know if anybody else is feeling that way?
    I totally feel this way.

The Blackberry os is starting to feel like an old timer and can be quite dull at times.One of the biggest problems with the Storm is that instead of developing a os around the touchscreen they just threw in the same ol os. I know there are reasons for them doing this however...
    05-17-09 11:40 PM
    People need to stop complaining about petty little things and realize there's more to life than an absolutely PERFECT cell phone. I have chronic pain, daily and am awaiting very major, risky surgery. I can NEVER picture myself complaining as much about an electronic device as all the whiners here. I don't even complain about my medical issues because I know there's people worse off than me.

If you're not happy with something then fix it until you are happy. Where does complaining non stop get you? It's just sickening that every day there's someone new and someone else mentioning suing RIM, or Verizon or 1 of the other companies for something so small and stupid. Grow up and get off your high horse.

No one really cares or even wants to hear it.

Ok thats all I wanted to say!
    05-18-09 12:15 AM
    wow....buzzkill...at least you're a red sox fan!
    05-18-09 12:17 AM
    wow....buzzkill...at least you're a red sox fan!
    Hah sorry!
    05-18-09 12:20 AM
    hey, it's all good. every once in awhile its okay to be totally "female dog" slapped in the head with reality...a lot of people make WAY too big of a deal about all of this stuff on here, including me sometimes...but there are more important things than the storm. like papi hittin' taters outta da yaahd!
    05-18-09 12:23 AM
    hey, it's all good. every once in awhile its okay to be totally "female dog" slapped in the head with reality...a lot of people make WAY too big of a deal about all of this stuff on here, including me sometimes...but there are more important things than the storm. like papi hittin' taters outta da yaahd!

Big Papi's on a bit of a dry streak lately.

I admit, I've gotten upset over little things before too. A computer not working right or a cell phone in the past but still. People need to step back and realize what's really important in life. I'm sure people are going to be saying stuff to me and that they have the right to complain about their phone but whatever. I just wanted to get out what's been on my mind.
    05-18-09 12:28 AM
    The beautiful thing about the internet is there is ALWAYS someone around willing to offer their opinion...or share what they're feeling/thinking/etc...As much as the internet and technology in general has made portions of my life better, sometimes I just wish I was in a simpler time. I would have made a good Spartan or cowboy driving cattle in the Midwest or something...
    05-18-09 12:36 AM
    The beautiful thing about the internet is there is ALWAYS someone around willing to offer their opinion...or share what they're feeling/thinking/etc...As much as the internet and technology in general has made portions of my life better, sometimes I just wish I was in a simpler time. I would have made a good Spartan or cowboy driving cattle in the Midwest or something...

AGREED. Minus the spartan or Cowboy part. That wouldn't be for me. haha
    05-18-09 12:50 AM
    i'm a hard nosed warrior, always have been. and i appreciate the simplistic life of a free range cowboy. i've done it before, it's not easy but the experience is awesome!

but idk what i'd do without my BoSox to entertain me all summer!

they're the only thing that i'm even more obsessive over than my storm.
    05-18-09 12:52 AM
    All we can say si good-by.
    Mod please move to rants
    i 3rd to that
    05-18-09 01:14 AM
    That may be, but RIM has been in the phone game way longer than Apple, and the iPhone was a way more solid device (even with it's obvious drawbacks) at it's launch than the Storm is even now. RIM's inability to put out a solid package with the Storm is pretty amazing to me given their supposedly superior experience in the industry.
    I guess you weren't one of the early users of iphone. When that first came out, it was so buggy people raised **** over it. What is different here and then is that Apple own's the iphone and the technology behind it. They quickly try to solve it through several revision of the OS. The next generation answer the call for a lot of people with the iphone 3G.

Storm on the other hand, been releasing OS after OS. VZW chose not to release them. That is out of RIM's hand. Where as Apple own the release of the OS. They practically own the whole license deal with AT&T. While RIM tries to solve the OS issue with revisions, it just never made it to VZW main stream because VZW chose not to release them.
    05-18-09 01:19 AM
    once storm gets that 5.0 release that may be stable OS but you just blew your chance with it as you gave up !
    who says 5.0 is going to be any better? its all speculation and judging by the 5.0 bold leak I'd say rim is trying to get the other handsets up to storm features which leaves one to wonder what is going to happen with the storm with storm 2 peaking its head out
    05-18-09 03:25 PM
    shameless avatar plug
    05-18-09 03:46 PM
    big sox fan myself...they keep my feet warm...isnt bye bye blackberry a song?!

i will never leaver your side berry!
    05-18-09 06:18 PM
    Tell me the last Apple commercial you saw that did not feature the iphone.
    Um every Mac vs PC commercial I see does not have an iPhone, I think I remember maybe 1 that did. Not an Apple fanboy by any means, just pointing that out.
    05-18-09 07:27 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD