Buzz Me, free app to do what the phone should already do! Rather than vibrating first and then ringing after the vibration is finished.

OTA for OS 4.2+
    BuzzMe Frequently Asked Questions

I've had reports that the app works in OS 4.2 and up. All bugs for the time being have been humanly put down.
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 02-02-09 at 05:09 AM.
    01-23-09 07:18 PM
    Working on this atm, and I'm at a cross roads, to replace the built in code for phone call alerts, that is you disable the internal sound profile for the phone and this will play the mp3 files and vibrate at the same time, or have 2 dialog boxes, well the usual sound profiles and a new one to enable/disable vibration as well.
    01-23-09 07:23 PM
    you know, telling us what it is helps.

from google, it seems to make emailing easier and sms for free(? or only to others using this program)
    01-23-09 07:24 PM
    you know, telling us what it is helps.

from google, it seems to make emailing easier and sms for free(? or only to others using this program)
    Diff app, this just vibrates the phone simutaneously as it also rings, which should be a stock standard feature of any phone. This is a carry over from another thread, to stop it from being diverted, so a new thread was started.
    01-23-09 07:28 PM
    So does this just make it so if you HAVE vibrate on [with a ring] that it vibes & rings simultaneously? [Yeah hi obvious question...lol]
    01-23-09 07:45 PM
    Buzz Me, free app to do what the phone should already do!

OTA Download
    Makes no sense. Why would you not describe what it is with your original post. Kind of a turn off to someone who would have otherwise maybe tried it.
    01-23-09 07:50 PM
    so it is like the app vib and ring?
    01-23-09 07:54 PM
    wow VERY GOOD APP only 2.2 kb size, doesnt run in backround like vib and ring. people need to download this. edit the OP so people will see this
    01-23-09 07:57 PM
    so it is like the app vib and ring?
    Minus the price tag.
    01-23-09 07:57 PM
    I noticed there's no icon for it. You just install it and it works? or do I have to change settings somewhere?

Edit: nevermind, I just called myself from my room mates phone. Nicely done sir.
    Last edited by Lylej2k; 01-23-09 at 08:03 PM.
    01-23-09 08:00 PM
    I noticed there's no icon for it. You just install it and it works? or do I have to change settings somewhere?
    Yup, I was hoping to integrate it with the phones sound profile, but that doesn't look possible and I'm pondering over doing my own ring profiles and disabling the built-in one for the phone.

RIM'd again.
    01-23-09 08:04 PM
    Yup, I was hoping to integrate it with the phones sound profile, but that doesn't look possible and I'm pondering over doing my own ring profiles and disabling the built-in one for the phone.

RIM'd again.
    Ya there's something up with the sound profiles thing, CheetahAce was trying to make it available in his program and I don't think he could get it.
    01-23-09 08:06 PM
    Yes. VERY NICE.

Thanks!!!
    01-23-09 08:07 PM
    Ya there's something up with the sound profiles thing, CheetahAce was trying to make it available in his program and I don't think he could get it.
    I wish RIM would stop screwing about and make everything available to developers that their apps have access to, it's really going to lead to developers going elsewhere (read android platform) which if you don't like the OS you can change it yourself.
    01-23-09 08:10 PM
    Maybe it's somehow more of a theme issue than a programing dealie?
    01-23-09 08:12 PM
    Could be.. But I have no clue. Never tried to develop
    01-23-09 08:16 PM
    Could be.. But I have no clue. Never tried to develop
    Same, that's why I had the question mark. I don't know any programing language and I'm also new to BB anyway...was just a guess. Seems that everything that's not changeable with apps/when programming apps though has to do with the themes.
    01-23-09 08:18 PM
    No, they just didn't release any APIs for it, they track it internally in their own apps some how, but there is no way to find out programmatically which profile is currently selected.

Short of a complete hack job with key injections and well that's rather messy.
    01-23-09 08:23 PM
    this is an awesome app
    01-23-09 08:25 PM
    Ok I think I found a minor bug. After installing this app, My notification asterick on my SMS icon won't show up unless I click the screen then the return key. For example, if its on the home screen, and I get a text it won't show unless I click the screen and bring up the menu and then back out. I'm doing a battery pull just to make sure.
    01-23-09 08:32 PM
    Ok I think I found a minor bug. After installing this app, My notification asterick on my SMS icon won't show up unless I click the screen then the return key. For example, if its on the home screen, and I get a text it won't show unless I click the screen and bring up the menu and then back out. I'm doing a battery pull just to make sure.
    That's an OS problem. It happens off and on at random....with every OS from what I can tell.
    01-23-09 08:35 PM
    That's an OS problem. It happens off and on at random....with every OS from what I can tell.
    I've seen it reported elsewhere also, however, 2 minutes before I installed BuzzMe it was working fine. After install is when it happened, again, within minutes I had another text. I've never had that issue and I've used every OS from .75 on.

After the battery pull its showing fine on Emails, though I don't know if there was a problem with them before. I'm still waiting on am SMS to make sure its ship shape.
    01-23-09 08:49 PM
    Well the app doesn't listen for, or do anything with SMS, it only does something when there is a phone call.
    01-23-09 08:56 PM
    Well the app doesn't listen for, or do anything with SMS, it only does something when there is a phone call.
    I figured as much, but it was the only change I made and then noticed it. Anywho, its fine now after a re-boot.
    01-23-09 09:10 PM
    well done sir, well done
    01-23-09 09:14 PM
562 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD