Hi All,
    I am planning on buying a Storm 2 used. The phone is locked to my carrier. Can I just buy the phone, put the SIM card in from my Storm 1 and be good to go? Anything else I should be aware of so I don't get burned?
    Thanks,
    Joe
    06-20-10 10:18 AM
    You will want to make sure the ESN/PIN are not on a blacklist of your carrier (reported lost or stolen). Other then that, you should be good to go with the purchase and SIM swap.
    06-20-10 10:22 AM
    Cool, I guess before I drop the loot I should be able to call my carrier with the info and they'll be able to tell me or will I know when I put my SIM in? If it doesn't work then its probably blacklisted/stolen?
    06-20-10 10:46 AM
    You can ask the seller for the ESN and PIN information up front and call the carrier to verify that it will be able to be activated with no issues.
    06-20-10 10:48 AM
    Beware vibrate of the storm2 is very weak. You will not be able to feel it. You might hear it as it is loud like a ringtone. The storm uses a motor inside the phone that vibrates. With the storm2 the screen vibrates very weakly. I use vibrate exclusively and took my storm2 back. Sticking with the storm and hope storm3 gets it right.
    06-20-10 11:13 AM
    Beware, vibrate of the storm2 is very weak. You will not be able to feel it. You might hear it as it is loud like a ringtone. The storm uses a motor inside the phone that vibrates. With the storm2 the screen vibrates very weakly. I use vibrate exclusively and took my storm2 back. Sticking with the storm and hope storm3 gets it right.
    06-20-10 11:14 AM
    Beware, vibrate of the storm2 is very weak. You will not be able to feel it. You might hear it as it is loud like a ringtone. The storm uses a motor inside the phone that vibrates. With the storm2 the screen vibrates very weakly. I use vibrate exclusively and took my storm2 back. Sticking with the storm and hope storm3 gets it right.
    You're experiencing an isolated incident. I have been thru four BlackBerry Storm 2's and currently use two. The vibrate is loud and can be felt very well.

Matter of fact, my vibrate is so loud, I use silent mode when I'm in class/meetings.
    06-20-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD