I apologize if this has already been covered but the search feature didn't show anything (don't you love how you have to start off saying I already searched so stay off my back)

Anyway, if you buy a storm off of ebay, will the 1 year manufacturers warranty stay in effect or only for the original purchaser?
    02-26-09 01:18 PM
    Good question. But I would believe it would be 1 year from the original purchase. Might be wrong though.
    02-26-09 01:19 PM
    I wouldn't do it. That's a good question though it'll pick up from the orginal purchase date but what if they called it In missing so they would pick up another one in for fifty bucks using the insurance?

And that warranty will I repeat WILL come in handy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 01:26 PM
    so the warranty will carry over but not reset. thats understandable. If he called it in, then I wouldn't be able to connect it right? What I'm looking at I'd be OK with it due to the fact that it was bought in Dec of 08, that gives me most of the warranty left. Wonder if Verizon will let me put the insurance on it as well even though it wasn't bought through them?
    02-26-09 01:32 PM
    To Answer Your Question, The Warranty Only Works For The Person Who Signs The Contract. So If Your Name Isnt Under The Contract, Then You Arent Protected, However The Device Should Still Be Under The Warranty, But You Would Have To Contact The Seller If You Have Any Problems With The Device, Because He Is The One Who Sign The Contract.

And Does The Phone Already Have Service On It???
    02-26-09 01:35 PM
    phone did have service on it, and would again of course through the same vendor.
    02-26-09 01:38 PM
    I would not do the e-bay thing. You cannot get insurance on a phone bought off e-bay or anywhere except verizon. You just take a huge risk.Most of the phones on ebay state no returns. So it a gamble if you ask me
    02-26-09 01:57 PM
    You can get insuance off a phone bought used as long as the person before you had insurance and is in good standing with verizon.

I got my curve from a coworker who changed carriers for free and they told me that they cannot put insurance on it, I asked to speak to a manager and he looked at the previous account and since it was in good standing and the phone was only a couple months old and had insuance on it that they could do it.

02-26-09 02:03 PM
    Good luck. I hope the Storm you get is perfect. If you get a bad Storm then you are screwed.
    02-26-09 02:15 PM
    Goto mobilecityonline.com great prices its an actyall store with unlocked storms and does have warranty got mine there 440 shipped

02-26-09 06:21 PM
    You can get insuance off a phone bought used as long as the person before you had insurance and is in good standing with verizon.
    so we are clear, this all depends on who you talk to at Verizon.
    02-26-09 09:56 PM
    You will unfortunately not be able to do a manufacturers warranty through verizon. well let me rephrase that, you should not be able to. There is a good possibility that you will get a cool rep who will hook it up. But per the internal processes we have to know the purchase date when it was purchased from VZW in order to process that. Without that information we can do a $50 warranty replacement.

I know this wasnt part of the origional question, but I saw someone mention it. You will not be able to add insurance either. There are some very specific procedures around adding insurance and if its not added within 15 days of the phone purchase from VZW then it cant be added.

With all that being said I know someone who is selling two lol.
    02-27-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD