I plan on buying my Storm from Walmart tomorrow... but I am wondering what I will have to do if I have any problems-- will Verizon take care of the phone, or will I have to do all of my business with Walmart?
    11-26-08 10:46 PM
    Verizon should handle all that. Walmart is just a kiosk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 10:49 PM
    If you want to return it, you would have to return it to walmart.
    11-26-08 10:50 PM
    See--here's my worry. When I bought my Voyager from VZW, it had a defect, and they took it back and made a swap. If the same thing occurs with my Storm, how is Walmart's service?
    11-26-08 10:53 PM
    For that I believe you would take it to verizon. You only take it to walmart if you want your money back

11-26-08 11:01 PM
    If you buy a VZW phone from a Verizon "Indirect Agent" (i.e. Walmart, Best Buy, etc.) you cannot take that phone to VZW corporate store and get a swap. Those phones are not in their POS systems and they cannot take them back for swaps like that. They must go back to the place you bought it from and have them deal with the swap or return.
    11-27-08 01:40 AM
    If you buy a VZW phone from a Verizon "Indirect Agent" (i.e. Walmart, Best Buy, etc.) you cannot take that phone to VZW corporate store and get a swap. Those phones are not in their POS systems and they cannot take them back for swaps like that. They must go back to the place you bought it from and have them deal with the swap or return.
    I'm not saying this is true or not, because I don't know, but customer service will deal with those phones for sure. It might even be better since you wouldn't have to drive somewhere, battle all the soccer moms, sign in, and then "browse" for 45 mins to an hour before you get helped.
    11-27-08 01:49 AM
    Yeah sounds like civic is right

Doesn't seem like VZW would care to take the time to put all of those storms into their registry

That's a lotta work lol

11-27-08 01:50 AM
    I plan on buying my Storm from Walmart tomorrow... but I am wondering what I will have to do if I have any problems-- will Verizon take care of the phone, or will I have to do all of my business with Walmart?
    Each individual Walmart may be different, but at our store it's 30 days to return the phone and can only be exchanged for the same, exact phone. This is the policy at the store that I work at, but like I stated above, each Walmart is different. Please don't ask me why or haggle with me, from what I know that's just how it is. You have 30 days to return and cancel or return and exchange. Once the 30 days are up, you'll have to go through Verizon (if you choose to get the insurance).
    11-28-08 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD