I am in an interesting situation, I am buying the storm on a phone number other than my own, will Vzw just let me buy the phone on that other number so I can activate it on my line or will I have to screw my mom over by leaving her without a phone for 4 days by buying it in store and having them switch over to her number, then over to mine? ( I am at college right now and won't be home till next tuesday) Is there a way that they could activate the storm on her line and then revert back to the old phone (if they have the ESN on record? do they even have that?)
    11-19-08 12:02 AM
    if it was me Id screw your mom schwinnnnng
    11-19-08 12:04 AM
    I really don't see an issue with this. Not on the technical end, but who knows what messed up mentality VZW reps have about policies and procedures. I can tell you that if you were buying it full retail you could activate it later if you wanted to.
    11-19-08 12:06 AM
    your mom has to be there, because your using things that involve her account information and her number, so the phone would need to be activated on her line first then switched over to yours
    11-19-08 12:07 AM
    your mom has to be there, because your using things that involve her account information and her number, so the phone would need to be activated on her line first then switched over to yours
    Already an Account Manager, but if they must activate it first I guess I'll call her and get her phone ID
    11-19-08 12:11 AM
    The other option is to order from telesales. It won't be activated until you do it after delivery of the phone and your mom can call in and order it. Or order it online.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 12:11 AM
    Can I buy with a new contract and activate it when I get home?

I like opening my new toys myself. Kinda frustrating they have always opened all my previous phones.
    11-19-08 12:13 AM
    Im thinking verizon isnt gonna be letting people switchin phones and phone numbers. That totally defeats the purpose of having phones for sale at full retail right? or am i wrong?
    11-19-08 12:14 AM
    Im thinking verizon isnt gonna be letting people switchin phones and phone numbers. That totally defeats the purpose of having phones for sale at full retail right? or am i wrong?
    They couldn't care less if you switch the numbers or whatever.
    11-19-08 12:38 AM
    why does it matter?

there getting contract lengths... if your burning a ne2 contract it doesnt matter whos actually going to use the phone as long as the contract is bringing in money right?

What there talking about is that his mom's ne2 is up so hes going to use her ne2 grab the phone but have it on his line... or something of that sort

At least this is how I looked at it
    11-19-08 12:38 AM
    why does it matter?

there getting contract lengths... if your burning a ne2 contract it doesnt matter whos actually going to use the phone as long as the contract is bringing in money right?

What there talking about is that his mom's ne2 is up so hes going to use her ne2 grab the phone but have it on his line... or something of that sort

At least this is how I looked at it
    Yeah thats what I was meaning
    11-19-08 12:42 AM
    Well I think your mom will have to be there which will be fine (maybe they will call her) anyway, they will activate it and then you go home and switch the number to your acct. so you will have to activate the storm,
    then activate her old phone back to her acct that way the storm is free from contract and then Viola! you activate the storm on your acct. good luck!
    11-19-08 12:42 AM
    if it was me Id screw your mom schwinnnnng
    Hahahaha LMAO good one
    sorry but you had that one cumming! <---haha another
    11-19-08 12:49 AM
    So I can do the activating at home?

I just want to open my box.
    11-19-08 12:57 AM
    actually i have done this before. i hated my moto q and my mothers line was up for an upgrade. im listed as an account manager so i took her phone and my phone up to the verizon store. renewed the contract and upgraded her phone to the phone i wanted then had them switch it so she had her old phone and i had the new phone. think i payed like $25 to have them do it but it was worth it for me. Before doing this i did call verizon (not the store) and spoke with them first. they also said they could do it over the phone with them to. So yeah they dont care about you swapping out phones. Anyway i upgraded mine then 6 months later i see the storm. now my line is up for upgrade
    11-19-08 01:03 AM
    So wait they activate your phone right away? I prob wont be around when my gf does the alt upgrade for me so I will be left without a phone for a few hours? That kind of sucks..
    11-19-08 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD