Hey all, I was going thru my account online to check out pricing with my NE2.

After looking thru the BB section, I noticed it says "promotional credit" and not "mail in rebate."

It listed the 8830 for $50 after $170 promotional credit (I'm sure that includes my NE2). I logged out and got the same "promotional credit" and not "mail in rebate."

But then I cleared my cache and it stated "mail in rebate."

Only thing diff I can think of is perhaps b/c of my employee discount, it's one of the benefits? (I work for Walgreens). Anyone else get "promotional credit" listed?

The main reason I ask is b/c if we get the credit instantly online (thus 200 w/ 2 year), we can still use the MIR for $50 more as I've done it b4.

So in my case, I'd get it as 200- 100 (NE2) - 50 (employee discount) and then 50 MIR = ZERO

Looks like this..
    2-yr Contract Price $219.99
    Promotion Credit -$170.00
    Final Price $49.99
    Last edited by phillypharm; 11-13-08 at 10:40 PM.
    11-13-08 10:37 PM
    im pretty sure the "promotional credit" is just an instant rebate
    11-13-08 10:38 PM
    I do not believe that you will get an MIR in addition to the employee pricing. It appears that the "perk" of corporate/employee discounts is getting an instant rebate in lieu of the MIR.

Edit: so in your case, it would be $249 (2yr price) - $50 instant rebate - $100 NE2 = $99.

In a few previous cases, VZW has included the rebate in the box for all purchases, so you might get lucky and be able to send in the MIR, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by buxleyp; 11-13-08 at 11:02 PM.
    11-13-08 10:59 PM
    I do not believe that you will get an MIR in addition to the employee pricing. It appears that the "perk" of corporate/employee discounts is getting an instant rebate in lieu of the MIR.

Edit: so in your case, it would be $249 (2yr price) - $50 instant rebate - $100 NE2 = $99.

In a few previous cases, VZW has included the rebate in the box for all purchases, so you might get lucky and be able to send in the MIR, but I doubt it.
    well typically i've gotten the MIR form in the box, however, i have also downloaded it from their website. it's been almost 2 yrs since my last tho obviously so we'll c. i've used NE2, instant rebate, and MIR together b4.

on another note, i got the voyager @ retail last year (unfortunately) but got my employee discount $50 off AND used the MIR
    11-13-08 11:05 PM
    I looked on my corp site and it shows the 8830 as a "Promotional Credit" as well. I'm not within my NE2, so I see just a $70 promotional credit...you're seeing your NE2 and rebate together...which means you would only pay that price shown. No mail-in rebates.
    11-13-08 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD