I bought mine on Dec. 5th...went in today because my fianc�e's NE2 was up and they gave me her Storm for free. Plus I just got my 2nd $50 rebate card in the mail from VZW. So far that means I've paid $59 for 2 Storms.

While I was at the corporate store, I kid you not EVERYONE was buying a Blackberry. All the 9 people ahead of me, anyways. This has to be awesome for RIM. The sales rep told me that they had been busy from 9 in the morning when they opened to 4 when I was thre and that probably 75% of the people were there to get a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 06:14 PM
    Wish they had this in November. Wonder how I can still make it work? I just bought one back then. Now i could have got us both one. But if they do not get them to be more stable my wife would have a bigger fit than me.

Maybe I coud get them to take mine back since it is not working well and the use my wifes new every two to get two new ones?

Oh here is the website. Buy 1 get 1 free storm $199

See the side bar to the right? "Buy the BlackBerry Storm 9530 and Get another BlackBerry Storm for FREE! with 2yr activation per phone"

It is also good for any blackberry: Buy 1 get 1 free any blackberry

But don't forget you may still have to get the $30/month data plan added to each phone too. The website does not mention it but if you did not get it then your data charges would be through the roof. Like Thousands of dollars a month if you use the web or any internet based service.

I do not use it that much and last month I used 1,039,611 kilobytes so 1,039 MB at $1.99 a mb that would have been $2067.61 for the month just for data. So get the $29.99 Data plan with whatevr plan you choose.
    You are required to get at least the $29.99 data plan
    02-07-09 07:05 PM
    Buy one get one..cancel one...sell one on eBay...free Storm!
    Are you able to do that? Makes sense i guess...How long do you have to wait to cancel and pay the $175
    02-16-09 03:25 PM
    I think you have to wait 30 days to EFT the extra line so they dont charge you retail. Pretty sure you can put a dumbphone on the line after the extra storm is activated to remove the BB dataplan. Just ride it out until you can EFT the line. Hopefully this will work because my storms will be delivered tomorrow.
    02-16-09 04:10 PM
    No, it does not work that way. The free phone will have to be signed up with the data plan and 2 years contract. It ends up costing you more money if you cancel early.

02-16-09 04:14 PM
    it is on all blackberries of equal or lesser value. For people like me who have a few phones on my account, one of the accounts have to be eligible forthe new every two or I would have had to add another line just for the new blackberry
    02-16-09 04:21 PM
    Wow.... this deal is such a bummer to those of us who bought the phone when it was released. Could have saved myself a nice chunk of change by selling one of them unlocked to those loser AT&T customers lol.
    02-16-09 04:21 PM
    i understand its on the 2 year contract. I dont see why you cant break the 2 yr agreement and pay the $175 and sell it to a friend
    Last edited by bverfever; 02-16-09 at 04:28 PM.
    02-16-09 04:24 PM
    Buy the storms $200 (one on your line you are upgrading and the other on a new family share line)
    Sell to a friend $375
    Cancel extra line $175

You end up spending nothing for the original storm. Nothing contractual about the BB data plan. It is a feature that can be removed at any time. Verizon gets their money from the ETF and data plan that follows the phone you sell. Works for them...
    02-16-09 09:27 PM
    if i buy a storm at retail ($500) does the offer still apply? and until when?
    02-16-09 10:43 PM
    if i buy a storm at retail ($500) does the offer still apply? and until when?
    Yes!
    Thats what i did. I'm was 6 months into a DARE soo I would have to pay retail. Actually I called VZW CC and said i was tempted by the iphone. I explained that i could by the Iphone for $200 pay my $175 VZW cancellation fee and it would still be way cheaper than the Storm at retail. They agreed and wanted to retain me as a customer and sold me a Storm for $325. They didn't tell me about the bogo at the time but i took my receipt into the store today and got a 2nd one for free. (original order was 2/7)
    02-17-09 01:45 AM
    i bought anew one today it was 130 total with 2 year contract.
    i plan on cancelling it soon though. It's like impoossible to get unlocks now it seems like, i must've called like 30 times to get unlock codes, and they say you must have service with verizon for 60days blah blah blah... cant wait till its unlocked and i can get rid of verizon as quick as possible
    02-17-09 02:50 AM
    i called last nite, took 5 minutes for unlock code. No questions asked. Try the international number....1 888 844 0395
    02-17-09 08:59 AM
    I got my storm like 2 days before the BOGO and I paid 50 bucks for it, went back in on friday, demanded a free one for my fiance. So I got 2 storms for 50 bucks!
    02-17-09 09:33 AM
    so has anyone actually replaced the free BB with a dumbphone to remove the dataplan yet?
    02-17-09 12:16 PM
    so has anyone actually replaced the free BB with a dumbphone to remove the dataplan yet?
    I'm pretty sure VZW has thought of ways to prevent this
    02-17-09 12:23 PM
    verizon rep at the store gave me the eyebrow and said "yes, technically you can do this..." and the rep on the phone said the same thing. BB dataplan is a feature just like text messaging. Nothing contractual about it. Normally there would be a three month rebate but this bogo was without such a thing. I guess we'll find out tonight when I activate my phones.
    02-17-09 12:55 PM
    Promo is true, I got the storm last sat 02/14 and got a curve for the other line. Wife likes the curve better. But I could have chosen another storm if i wanted to. You still have to pay taxes though even though its free.
    02-17-09 12:57 PM
    Wow.... this deal is such a bummer to those of us who bought the phone when it was released. Could have saved myself a nice chunk of change by selling one of them unlocked to those loser AT&T customers lol.
    That is the down side of being an "early adaptor".

02-17-09 02:05 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD