So wait...? I can buy a Storm and get a FREE Curve? And switch them at will?

-E
    02-05-09 06:46 PM
    ive had my storm for over a month (since jan 01) but i just added a line a week ago...since i still have the thirty days on my second line... can i just switch it for a storm since i already have brought the storm
    02-05-09 06:53 PM
    yeah i hear you..the way these ppl do business i wouldnt be surprised if there was a catch.
    I cancelled all my accts with bell besides my cell cuz i screwed them and have a great plan.

free incoming, 500 outgoing min a month free, after 6pm free and weekends. 500 long distance min free. 3 way , call display blah blah the basics.
    All for $35 month...and now i added the unlinited plan for my berry for $30 month.

So $65 for all that is amazing.

Not for Bell that I've heard,would be nice but they're a bit too tight for something like that
    02-05-09 10:27 PM
    VZW has gotta get rid of all the BB's so they can introduce the BOLD version, and not be left with a warehouse full of curves,pearls and storms....plus then they can charge you out the wasoo for the BOLD. Me thinks.....
    02-05-09 10:30 PM
    Betcha gotta open 2 accounts though...2 two year agreements!! whatdya wanna bet !!
    02-05-09 10:34 PM
    It has nothing to do with clearing inventory..the storm wouldn't be involved if it did. It's all about the profit and ARPU that a blackberry brings to the bottom line...it's about locking people into data plans for 2 years and encouraging high tier plans and data revenue.
    02-05-09 10:35 PM
    They are trying to get rid of the Pearl, curve and 8130 though.
    02-05-09 10:38 PM
    Betcha gotta open 2 accounts though...2 two year agreements!! whatdya wanna bet !!
    GUARANTEED

how else are they gona make their money back.
    They're not stupid at VZ u know.
    02-05-09 10:43 PM
    I guess we'll see tomorrow. Interesting though, it's not really a savings over the original deal. I got my Storm for $199 plus all the tax and junk, and so did my wife. We thought it was a $50 debit card on each phone, but when they came each card was $100. So we paid 99$ + Tax on each phone.
    ^Liar Right there.
    02-05-09 10:45 PM
    ^Liar Right there.
    Or he ordered through an authorized agent possibly...not directly through vzw.
    02-05-09 10:46 PM
    im tryna get mah parents to both get blackberrys.... does this work if your using a prtial upgrade on one of the phones?
    02-05-09 10:47 PM
    im tryna get mah parents to both get blackberrys.... does this work if your using a prtial upgrade on one of the phones?
    If by partial upgrade you mean it's eligible for upgrade but not eligible for new every 2 then yes. Early upgrades do not qualify for bogo offers however.
    02-05-09 10:49 PM
    What would happen if you did this?

1. Current line is eligible for NE2 upgrade.
    2. Go to VZW store and get a Storm and add a line for $9.99 + $40 for data plan (somebody confirm but I believe the data plan is required when activating the Storm or any other PDA).
    3. Before 30 days, cancel the new line and return the Storm that I got with the new line.

Will VZW require me to return both Storms?
    02-06-09 02:36 PM
    Sure you can do this, but you'll probably get a refund for what you paid for the second phone: $0.00. Why do this unless you're angling for extra $$$$? You're not paying $100 for one and $100 for the other. It's $200 (or less with NE2) for one and $0 for the other, thus the promotion Buy One Get One Free. If you're NOT looking to parlay this into some $$$, why not just buy one Storm with your NE2?
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 02-06-09 at 02:46 PM.
    02-06-09 02:41 PM
    Sure you can do this, but you'll probably get a refund for what you paid for the second phone: $0.00. Why do this unless you're angling for extra $$$$? You're not paying $100 for one and $100 for the other. It's $200 (or less with NE2) for one and $0 for the other, thus the promotion Buy One Get One Free. If you're NOT looking to parlay this into some $$$, why not just buy one Storm with your NE2?
    Or do the BOGO, cancel the second line, pay ET fee, then sell on ebay for 400-500. You can essentially make money
    02-06-09 02:54 PM
    Or do the BOGO, cancel the second line, pay ET fee, then sell on ebay for 400-500. You can essentially make money
    You need to try to minimize your cost, however, to make it as profitable as possible. The extra line--if you keep the Storm on it--will cost a minimum of $40 for the first month (voice + data). Assuming you hold it until the 31st day (if you cancel sooner VZW will want the phone back), that takes you into the second month and another set of charges ($40). VZW may not prorate that last month. You can minimize this by activating the Storm on the line, then immediately replacing it with a basic voice phone that requires no data. This will result in a $10 charge the first month and maybe the second.

Bottom line: IF you keep the Storm active until the 31st day AND VZW does not prorate that second month, you're stuck with $175 plus $80 in costs. Granted you will still profit on a resale, just won't be as much.
    02-06-09 04:43 PM
    i just got back from verizon with my free storm. no hassle. plus i was told you can pull the storm from the line it requires and activate a ****ty replacement phone that doesnt require the data plan. money to be made!!!!!
    02-06-09 05:12 PM
    Got a free Storm coming for my wife. I had purchased mine Jan 15th and they upgraded my wifes pearl. Hers wasn't even eligible for upgrade until September, but they did it as NE2 from today's date. My wife has been giving me the cold shoulder since I got mine since she says she wanted one first. Now we can both be happy.
    02-07-09 09:40 AM
    Do you realize what a great idea this is for verizon. How many new customers this will bring them. I'm sure the other companies aren't to happy about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 09:56 AM
    Okay, if you bought one from january on you can still qualify (that would include me)... however, it isn't just the case they hand you an extra cell phone (storm in my case) and say "thank you, have a nice day" right? wouldn't they make you set up another line or put it on your phone as a second line? the obvious M.O. of takeing it, holding it for a few months and selling it on ebay comes to mind....
    02-07-09 12:12 PM
    Wish they had this in November. Wonder how I can still make it work? I just bought one back then. Now i could have got us both one. But if they do not get them to be more stable my wife would have a bigger fit than me.

Maybe I coud get them to take mine back since it is not working well and the use my wifes new every two to get two new ones?

Oh here is the website. Buy 1 get 1 free storm $199

See the side bar to the right? "Buy the BlackBerry Storm 9530 and Get another BlackBerry Storm for FREE! with 2yr activation per phone"

It is also good for any blackberry: Buy 1 get 1 free any blackberry

But don't forget you may still have to get the $30/month data plan added to each phone too. The website does not mention it but if you did not get it then your data charges would be through the roof. Like Thousands of dollars a month if you use the web or any internet based service.

I do not use it that much and last month I used 1,039,611 kilobytes so 1,039 MB at $1.99 a mb that would have been $2067.61 for the month just for data. So get the $29.99 Data plan with whatevr plan you choose.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 02-07-09 at 02:07 PM.
    02-07-09 01:39 PM
    So does anyone know if you can get a free one if you bought yours the first day back in nov? Just because i bought it on the first day doesn't mean i shouldn't get this deal.
    02-07-09 03:00 PM
    So does anyone know if you can get a free one if you bought yours the first day back in nov? Just because i bought it on the first day doesn't mean i shouldn't get this deal.
    If you bought a TV for $1,000 at Best Buy on November 21st and it went on sale Feb 6 for $500, should Best Buy refund you the difference nearly 80 days later? If you KNEW on Nov 21st that this BOGO deal was coming in FEB, would you still have jumped in on Nov 21st or would you have waited until now to buy it?
    02-07-09 03:33 PM
    I just called Verizon because my husband and I got our Storms last weekend, and they credited my account back for one of them. After I hung up, I remembered I had added my daughter and her husband to our account recently when they switched from Sprint, and they both got Storms. I checked and it was on 01/09/09, they are 2 days short of the 30 days, so I called back and they also credited me for one of their phones!! We basically got 4 Storms for the price of 2!! I'm glad I checked this out today!!!
    02-07-09 04:39 PM
    i got a question..

i just got my storm last saturday..can i return mine and have the same rules apply?
    You should be able to. Most retailers have 14 day period for price adjustments. I am sure Verizon has the same thing. Keep in mind activation fees must be paid on both phones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 05:15 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD