this is my first blackberry and I love it but the other day two buttons on the bottom stopped lighting up (back button and end call button). im on .100 right now but do I need to downgrade to the last update that was officially released by verizon before I can take it in to get fixed? thanks.
    02-24-09 04:24 PM
    do you need them to light up as long as they work?
    02-24-09 04:26 PM
    Since it's a hardware problem I doubt your OS is going to be an issue for them. They won't support beta OS's for software related support, but they aren't likely to deny a hardware problem like that because of it. They are probably just going to replace your phone though rather than fix it, so you may want to do a backup of all your stuff and then erase anything from the phone you don't want shared anyway, so maybe you should just wipe it and reinstall an official OS. Or just wipe it and tell them you did it to protect your data. They are going to fix the phone later, reinstall the OS, and ship it to someone else later anyway.
    02-24-09 04:35 PM
    Mine have never lit up, are the suppose to?
    02-24-09 04:53 PM
    I had all sorts of problems with my buttons not lighting up on the leaked versions

my solution was to downgrade back to .75 and the buttons are lit up again... somethign is wrong with the leaked versions
    02-24-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD