Hey everyone! Question:

The buttons on the bottom of the screen are lifting up a slight bit.

I'm going to attach a picture of it.

Do you guys think this is going to break off? This specific storm2 is only a week old, and I'm completely in love with it EVERYTHING is perfect. All the clicks, the solid OS, battery life is OK, not at all broken!

Has anyone else had this issue? I know my phone company will replace it, but it takes 2-3 weeks to replace, and they'll give me a new one, but still. If this is OK (not going to break apart or fall apart) then I'll stick with it. I have no issues other than this!

Thanks
    04-14-10 09:00 AM
    mine is raised a little but nothing significant. if its not causing any issues, I personally wouldn't worry about it, but I too and a bit OCD. ;-) If its a problem or you have an issue with it, I would do what makes you happy. I just got a refurb replacement for mine (serious screen click issues) and I love it. The screen is almost perfect and the new buttons underneath are fabulous. the refurb is better than my original.
    04-14-10 09:17 AM
    How are the buttons lifted up? With having the S2 the buttons are part of the screen correct? Now my S2 with the upgraded screen does have a lip at the bottom below the buttons as if the screen is raised slightly from the bottom part of the phone, is that what you mean?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 09:18 AM
    I noticed that too on my friends but not mine. Mine is flush. Weird you mention it. I told my friend your screen is raised so i hope it's not a problem. Doesn't seem to be.
    04-14-10 09:32 AM
    I think its more along the lines of the screen responsiveness improvement they conducted which is great.....my replacement came from Rim with the battery door included...a lot of the ones that were repaired by the 3rd party company didn't ship out new battery doors wit theirs.

Last edited by 901boy; 04-14-10 at 09:41 AM.
    04-14-10 09:36 AM
    take it in.
    04-14-10 10:01 AM
    Mine is raised a little. It bit it doesn't really get in the way. If ir bothers you then you should gl take it in so that they can replace it.

04-14-10 10:23 AM
    No. It doesn't bother me. But if it will break of course I'll take it in. But if most of you say that it's ok and it won't fly off any time soon then I'll stick with it. This is one of the greatest phones I've ever had. After my startac which was my first cell. Lol

Thanks guys. Any other opinions are always welcome and appreciated.

04-14-10 10:38 AM
    mine is raised a little but nothing significant. if its not causing any issues, I personally wouldn't worry about it, but I too and a bit OCD. ;-) If its a problem or you have an issue with it, I would do what makes you happy. I just got a refurb replacement for mine (serious screen click issues) and I love it. The screen is almost perfect and the new buttons underneath are fabulous. the refurb is better than my original.
    I have to agree here. I just got my refurb last night and the buttons are raised a bit as well but man o man does the screen work 10000000 times better than the original.........
    04-14-10 10:39 AM
    My buttons are also raised but screen works great.. No problems so far.

04-14-10 02:44 PM
    OK cool I'm also INCREDIBLY happy with this Storm2. I had 2 storm2s before, and they were all good, but these NEW storms BLOW Them out of the water. I remember that the others frustrated me a little after a while, but I've had this one now and it's been a COMPLETE pleasure, on top of the newer OSs that are TOP KNOTCH. and my seidio 2600 mah battery

ZKY is happy
    04-14-10 02:57 PM
    Double Post!!! Sorry
    04-14-10 02:59 PM
    Have the same problem on my replacement phone i got yesterday. WOndering if the op or anyone else still has their device with this and if it is still fine.
    06-27-10 06:45 AM
    I agree with everyone. I took one storm 2 back to verizon because the screen was mushy and I couldn't type fast. They told me that it was how rim makes phones and that it is what happens after installing software - they get sluggish. Didn't agree with him then sad sure don't now. This is my fifth storm 2 for various reasons and even though it is a refurb it is the best by far. It is the first one that I've had that wasn't made in mexico and has a slightly raised screen. Works great!

06-27-10 07:10 AM
    so is everyone saying that the raised screen is they way it's supposed to be instead of being flush?
    06-27-10 07:54 AM
    so is everyone saying that the raised screen is they way it's supposed to be instead of being flush?
    I doubt it was a planned feature but we're saying its no big deal. Unless of course it is a big deal for the user.

06-27-10 08:03 AM
    No, mine is flush, and it was a new one not a refurb. And no issues with it ever.
    06-27-10 08:59 AM
    Mine's flush too. It is a refurb. It was slightly raised on my original S2. The only concern I wold have is the potential for dirt/dust to enter under there. That ad the fact it wold bug the pi$$ out of me.
    06-27-10 09:43 AM
    Mine is original and flush. Is it esaised so much that you could catch it?

06-27-10 12:20 PM
    Mine's flush too. It is a refurb. It was slightly raised on my original S2. The only concern I wold have is the potential for dirt/dust to enter under there. That ad the fact it wold bug the pi$$ out of me.
    It's barely noticeable - if you run your finger across it you can feel it slightly. And for some reason I have very little if any dust under this one. The last one that I had was flush and I had a ton of dust. Could be coincidence or that I haven't had this one as long yet.
    06-27-10 01:36 PM
    I'm going to chime in here and say it depends on the device - mine is a refurb that works perfectly, and the screen is flush with the surrounding casing.
    06-27-10 01:48 PM
    Hey everyone! Question:

The buttons on the bottom of the screen are lifting up a slight bit.
    Thanks
    One thing....since its lifting up... just make sure you got a good case ... so when you drop face down...your screen don't get the first impact.

i have ever open up the phone cuz i replaced the screen myself..

the storm screen consist of 2 parts..which are so called sticked together...

the Thin touch screen...which is what we touch...and the LCD display.

The portion where the call button are...they are not totally stick onto the LCD. Its actually metal plate beyond the LCD. I would think most pp will have problem with the call and menu buttons...cuz under the TOUCH screen that portion where LCD screen is not display is the flat thin wire connecting the touch screen and LCD. Its a little complicated to explain here.

Thats why when pp cracks their touch screen without cracking the LCD, they tried to replace only the touch screen.. its a bit tough...cuz althought the display portion will response well to our touch.. but the calling button will have problems.

to replace or not..its your own call..

all the storm2 owner have to understand...no matter your phone screen is flush flat with the phone casing or not.. it will still collect dust inside and water will sip it...as i said..hard to explain.. you have to open up the repair the phone to know the hardware construction...those black color slots..around the edge of the screen... between the screen and phone casing....the black color... are actually nothing but tapes....black tapes.. to give you an illusion.. hahaha...i removed the blacktapes..so now my screen...edge.. is metalic in color..
    Last edited by titusilvering; 06-27-10 at 02:03 PM.
    06-27-10 01:59 PM
    How do I tell if my replacement is new or refurbished?
    I had the same raised screen while the click was awesome, after a few days the screen clicked twice on every click it was almost like the two layers of screen were arperated a little.
    On this device, the screen is totally flush on the sides with the two side rails. The bottom and took are raised just as in the pic posted from the original op here.
    So given my last experience with the raised screen issue I may have to see about yet another replacement.
    Total count between s1 and s2 will make 8 devices.

06-27-10 02:01 PM
    How do I tell if my replacement is new or refurbished?
    some say look at the call logs call timer....some say look at the battery manufacture date...some look at the box..u also can look at the apps/os installation dates..etc..whatever it is.. just make sure u got a good working phone...and have all the stickers and warranty..
    06-27-10 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD