Anyone else have issues with the call or end buttons coming loose? My end button keeps getting caught on my holster and I'm afraid it'll pull off.

With that said... any suggestions on cases that I don't have the slide the phone in and out of? I don't need it getting beat up in my purse.

Thanks!
    01-21-09 12:41 PM
    I had a dream my buttons fell off. I woke up crying

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 12:44 PM
    I work for an agent and we actually had two instances where the vertical oem pouches ripped the send buttons off customers phones. It seems there is a seam on the inside that can snag the buttons. You can try turning the phone around so that its screen inward and that seems to help. I bought the horizontal oem pouch and that doesn't seem to have the same seams that can do that.
    01-21-09 12:47 PM
    Oh wow. Although that does not surpise me given that some cases are designed pretty poorly.
    01-21-09 12:49 PM
    This is a DEFINITE reason to get a replacement...I suggest you take a trip to your local VZW store and put in for that replacement...

And yes, others have had this happen to that, but mostly in earlier models
    01-21-09 12:53 PM
    I had this same issue. I bought the OEM one from Verizon. It was so tight that it really rubs on the buttons on the bottom of the Blackberry. I tried to soften the leather up with my hands and that helped some. In the meantime the Verizon rep recommended my phone be replaced before Jan 15. I did this and I ordered the side case from crackberry and it has more ease when inserting the phone.
    01-21-09 12:54 PM
    I had this same issue. I bought the OEM one from Verizon. It was so tight that it really rubs on the buttons on the bottom of the Blackberry. I tried to soften the leather up with my hands and that helped some. In the meantime the Verizon rep recommended my phone be replaced before Jan 15. I did this and I ordered the side case from crackberry and it has more ease when inserting the phone.
    Same case I have, I haven't had to worry about the buttons since I got it
    01-21-09 01:08 PM
    I had the same problem with the oem case. it ripped my call button off. I took it back to the store and they all ordered me a brand new replacement
    01-21-09 01:34 PM
    Well I finally got a phone where a pixel didnt die, had a chip UNDERNEATH my screen and now the power button is about to fall off my third phone.

I like the idea behind the phone, but Im going to demand that my contract be cancelled and they can have the phone back.

I'd look at getting the newer version if it ever comes out, but this phone is hopefully going back to the farm very, very soon.
    01-27-09 04:42 AM
    I�ve seen only one customer in my shop with that issue. My problem is, my case opens my battery box. It oftens fall down, when I pull it off the case. U know how long it takes to reboot?!
    01-27-09 04:53 AM
    The way to keep that seam from ripping buttons off is to insert the Storm with the screen facing your waist.
    01-27-09 07:38 AM
    The way to keep that seam from ripping buttons off is to insert the Storm with the screen facing your waist.
    That is how I insert all my phones into cases, it also makes answering your phone more efficient, since if you have the phone facing out you have to turn it around before answering which leaves you open to dropping it
    01-27-09 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD