I have searched this and can't find anything.

Sometimes when I'm using my phone, the button lights well go off and then randomlly come on after a while. There isn't any pattern as to when they go off and come on and the time they do this for, it is completely random.

Has anyone else had this problem? Could it be an OS issue? I'm using .109.

It doesnt bother me too much as it doesnt interfer with anything else, just curious and would like to fix any bugs if possible.
    04-04-09 05:33 PM
    I think it turns the light off when your in a lite area or its sunny, I have noticed if you block the camera the keyboard will light back up. I think its a battery saver or something. maybe.
    04-04-09 05:44 PM
    Mine go off when in a bright area.
    Try this: When they turn off, cover the light sensor/led and watch them come back on. Sort of the opposite of the auto-brightening screen in the sun.
    04-04-09 05:52 PM
    That could be it, although I noticed it when I was in bed using the internet on the phone and the lights were out. It was fully dark in the room.

That could have just been a one time error and the rest could have been due to the light.

I will have a play around and see!
    04-04-09 06:07 PM
    Mine went out once and wouldn't come back on no matter what I pushed. You'll never guess what fixed it...lol! Well, you know they say a battery pull fixes most problems? Mine only did that once though. However, I do notice that the lighting behind the keys is not consistent. Even though they only went out completely that one time, they do continuously dim and brighten, which is very odd to me. I never really thought to mention it until now.
    04-04-09 11:11 PM
    There was a problem with one of the OS (I think .90 or .99) that caused the keys to light up and not light up at random times. As the others have suggested, the lights behind the keys can be controlled by the sensors. You can test this by holding your storm up a light, you will see the lights behind the keys go dim or off. Now when you remove it from the light, they will come back on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD