On my storm 2 which was purchased brand new online, is now starting to frustrate me. I love the phone, and the surepress, but am beging to wonder if it was worth sacrificing the 3g for EDGE.

Anyways about the buttons.
    At first it was the Back Button, would push when I wanted it to, it wasn't that bad only happened rarely. Now it's happening more often, and not only the back button but the END button is worse. I press it 5 times and nothing no click no press Nothing. Wait a few seconds, press it again and it works. It's quite frustrating really. I looked forward to purchasing this phone, but I am now having second thoughts about it and wondering if I should return it and just get the iPhone 3gS, although I would miss the surepress A LOT, as well as BB excellent email.

Has anyone else had these button problems? I am not on Verizon, so I can't exactly just take it back for a new one.
    Any suggestions?

Jon
    04-26-10 09:16 PM
    No one??????????????????
    04-26-10 09:52 PM
    On my storm 2 which was purchased brand new online, is now starting to frustrate me. I love the phone, and the surepress, but am beging to wonder if it was worth sacrificing the 3g for EDGE.

Anyways about the buttons.
    At first it was the Back Button, would push when I wanted it to, it wasn't that bad only happened rarely. Now it's happening more often, and not only the back button but the END button is worse. I press it 5 times and nothing no click no press Nothing. Wait a few seconds, press it again and it works. It's quite frustrating really. I looked forward to purchasing this phone, but I am now having second thoughts about it and wondering if I should return it and just get the iPhone 3gS, although I would miss the surepress A LOT, as well as BB excellent email.

Has anyone else had these button problems? I am not on Verizon, so I can't exactly just take it back for a new one.
    Any suggestions?

Jon
    Upgrading the OS to .517 made a HUGE difference for me!
    04-26-10 10:00 PM
    This is probably the most talked about S2 issue in this forum.

Searching will go a long way!
    04-27-10 09:24 AM
    This is probably the most talked about S2 issue in this forum.

Searching will go a long way!
    I've done searching.

IT'S A FORUM WEBSITE.

Stop crying because I posted a thread about something talked about.

Thanks
    04-27-10 02:35 PM
    Lol. That's a lot of threads!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-27-10 03:04 PM
    plus getting pissed at the people who are either not responding/telling you to search isn't going to help either
    04-27-10 03:07 PM
    Lol. That's a lot of threads!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    And there were many more.
    Was only willing to spend 2 minutes searching....
    04-27-10 03:15 PM
    I'm having the same issue. The clicking is not accurate. This is on-again, off-again and very frustrating. I have called VZ to have them send me another phone, hopefully this fix it. It better be a new phone, not "certified new". I didn't pay for a refurb.

UPDATE: Got an email from VZ about what to do with my "certified new" replacement. Went ballistic. Wife had to calm me down. Called VZ back about getting a NEW phone, the gal said "We don't send new phones as replacements, only "certified new" refurbs. Had to go to a manager but FINALLY got a NEW phone. It will take another day and I have to refuse the shipment for the refurb then wait until the new one gets here.

Why can't VZ understand that I paid for a new phone that works, so give me one without the hassles. It's under warranty.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 04-27-10 at 08:20 PM.
    04-27-10 04:13 PM
    Yes this is all very FURstrating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 04:22 PM
    ^^hahaha I saw that too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 05:51 PM

check my video and the comments below. Hope it helps
    04-27-10 06:51 PM
    Ok, I am having the exact same issue... I have tried doing research (still new to the site) and I couldn't find anything... I called Verizon Tech Support and talked with a lady about the issue... She had me do everything from soft resets to wiping the phone completely out... Then, at the end of our hour long conversation, said she was going to send me out a refurb on my 10 day old phone... I asked if there was anything else she could do since the phone was so new and she ended up sending out a brand new one...

My question is: Is this a software issue? Will I continue to have the sticking button at the bottom of the screen and it will be (hopefully) fixed with the next OS update?

Thanks for the help!
    04-27-10 08:24 PM
    well, as my video showed, the problem was still there. I was sent a refurb device from the new batch of updated models with the fix for the bottom button issues. Problem was still there and I sent it back right away. On a positive note, it did click very well in my hands, however, once the device was flat, the botton buttons were sticking again.

For me, its a huge issue wince my phone is docked in my car often in a way that keeps the bottom buttons very difficult to click
    04-27-10 08:35 PM
    I have the same issues. The phone is just flawed and will probably be this way until it is replaced with a newer version.
    04-27-10 11:39 PM
    I'm going to get rid of my Storm 2.
    Kickin my self in the *** for not getting a smartphone that I can use on 3G.

Going to get either the iPhone or the HTC Tilt 2, possibly the HTC HD2, I read you can use it on AT&T's 3G Network. But how true is that idk, doin my homework.
    04-28-10 12:13 AM
    The buttons on my new storm 2 suck. The biggest problem is returning it since I ordered it through amazon. If verizon doesn't release the bold within a week, I'm going to have to get a droid phone. There's no way that I'm going to suffer with a tour that is about to be replaced some time soon.
    04-28-10 12:49 AM
    Yeah! every now and then the touch screen itself will not work, at all. it's like something is stuck and you cant press down on the screen. it especially seems to happen when i have no service. Is there any relation to that, i wonder.
    04-28-10 12:51 PM
    I'm going to get rid of my Storm 2.
    Kickin my self in the *** for not getting a smartphone that I can use on 3G.

Going to get either the iPhone or the HTC Tilt 2, possibly the HTC HD2, I read you can use it on AT&T's 3G Network. But how true is that idk, doin my homework.

Have you tried to update your OS yet? It is REALLY AMAZING that a software update could fix a hardware issue . Strange but true.

I really like lyricidal's hybrids. They are awesome! If you need any help, shoot me a PM.
    04-28-10 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD