I dropped my phone getting out of the car, and it pretty much shattered the screen. The phone won't even turn on. :/
    I have another Blackberry Storm 9530. The exact same one. I took the SIM card and Mirco SD card out of the broke BB, and put them into the new one, but I don't have any of my contacts, and I don't have the same number. It still shows the original number of the other phone, instead my number.

The phone will not come on at all, and my computer won't recognize it when I plug in it. Is it possible to get all the information off of my old one? Like my Notes, Contacts, Everything...?
    10-28-10 04:46 PM
    You will have to register your phone with your service provider. If you have Verizon there is a way to change your device to the new storm using your IMEI number I believe. As for your contacts, if you never made a backup using desktop manager, or used Verizons backup option, you may be SOL until you can connect your busted storm to your PC to do a backup of the info and transfer it over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 10:38 PM
    Something similar to this happened to me yesterday. However, I did not drop my phone. Instead, I had it charging on my computer and overnight my computer crashed. This left my phone useless. It doesnt turn on. When I pull the battery the red light comes on and thats it. I did back up my files and contacts a week or so ago, but I got the Incredible because I was really unhappy with the Storm. Is there an easy way of getting my contacts back? I found the file that has all the information in it, but its so hard to read, and trying to decipher what is garbage and what is relevant information is difficult for me. Although, with enough time I could probably get some contacts back.
    10-29-10 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD