I did a search but maybe I'm not looking for the right phrase....

On the Pearl, I could select multiple recipients from contacts and send them a text.

On the Storm, I have to go into a text and choose each contact individually.

Any way around this? Am I missing something?
    12-26-08 10:34 AM
    do a search for "groups"

it is possible to stup a group of lets say 5 contacts, or more ... and then send an SMS to that group

i havent done it yet, or id help more.
    12-26-08 10:40 AM
    "groups" is your solution, although with VZW you're limited to 10 contacts per group b/c of their stupid anit-spam texting policies.
    12-26-08 10:52 AM
    Thanks guys.
    12-26-08 11:53 AM
    there's no "add recepient" option?
    12-26-08 12:02 PM
    Groups is not always a solution. If you want to send to 6 people one time, then 4 different people the next time, and then maybe half the first and half the second list another time and then a completely different mix later - random, dynamically changing recipient lists - then groups won't help you.

There's no easy way to check/tick off which 1 to 10 contacts you want to send an SMS to similar to way most VZW dumbphones and I assume previous BB's allow you to do.
    12-26-08 01:11 PM
    there's no "add recepient" option?
    havent tried yet, but when in the "to" field try hitting bb button, i think it allows to open contact list
    12-26-08 01:13 PM
    Groups is not always a solution. If you want to send to 6 people one time, then 4 different people the next time, and then maybe half the first and half the second list another time and then a completely different mix later - random, dynamically changing recipient lists - then groups won't help you.

There's no easy way to check/tick off which 1 to 10 contacts you want to send an SMS to similar to way most VZW dumbphones and I assume previous BB's allow you to do.
    true - but how much time might you save vs just typing the first couple letters of the person's name in the "To:" field to begin with? I like the idea of the checkbox - perhaps RIM will add that as a feature/function in future updates.
    12-26-08 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD