I got a Storm two days ago and found they put a real sticky piece of tape over the top of the screen so you have to remove the screen protector that comes with the storm!!

TRAVESTY!
    05-14-09 07:23 AM
    I remember rubbing my screen furiously trying to remove a scratch only to find a second protector under the first. So you may have another on yours as well. Welcome to CB and enjoy your Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 07:37 AM
    Not really... you're actually supposed to remove that, and put one on that actually protects the screen. That is essentially a piece of plastic, it doesn't offer all that much protection in comparison to other protectors.

You'd be much better off spending the extra cash and getting a nice protector rather then trying to rely on a piece of plastic that was meant to protect the screen during shipping. I did this with my first storm, and when i eventually took it off there was some scratches on the screen. Lucky, the storm freaked out and I got a brand new one. I didn't make that mistake a second time.
    05-14-09 07:38 AM
    Not really... you're actually supposed to remove that, and put one on that actually protects the screen. That is essentially a piece of plastic, it doesn't offer all that much protection in comparison to other protectors.

You'd be much better off spending the extra cash and getting a nice protector rather then trying to rely on a piece of plastic that was meant to protect the screen during shipping. I did this with my first storm, and when i eventually took it off there was some scratches on the screen. Lucky, the storm freaked out and I got a brand new one. I didn't make that mistake a second time.
    The newer Storms did have 2 protectors. One is the protective wrap and under that was a regular protector just like Verizon sells. Discovered that when I tried to install a new protector. There are several post about this.
    05-14-09 08:06 AM
    My last replacement had the tape on the upper corner as well - I used a very small amount of GooGone on a paper towel to remove the residue.
    05-14-09 08:07 AM
    Mine was very poorly put on but I did a little work on it, get a BSE
    05-14-09 08:29 AM
    Its a shipping protector and should be removed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 08:33 AM
    I have never seen people as obsessed with keeping the shipping sticker on the screen as they appear to be regarding the Storm.
    05-14-09 08:34 AM
    I got a Storm two days ago and found they put a real sticky piece of tape over the top of the screen so you have to remove the screen protector that comes with the storm!!
    I got the same thing when i got a replacement. i brought it right into verizon and they gave me a new screen protector to put on it right on the spot.
    05-14-09 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD